Beginners and Beyond

What do you splurge on? (Read 115 times)

Hip Redux

Besides running stuff?

I opened up a bottle of really good olive oil last night to use with dinner - it was like some obnoxious price like $20 for 500 mL, but it made me soooo happy when I cracked it open.     So, FOOD is certainly something I have no problem dropping big money on.

We also like electronic toys in this house, and the DH just bought me a Nikon SLR camera that I have no friggin idea how to use (yet)!

Docket_Rocket

Travel.  We love going places.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Us too!   In the days before we had dogs, we did at least two trips a year.  Now it's harder to find pet sitting for our merry band of semi-dysfunctional dogs and we do less traveling... but we do have plans to travel next year (Hawaii).

Gator eye

Dinner, I love going to nice places and trying different foods.

Jess runs for bacon

There is a stand at my Farmers Market that makes crazy delicious olive oil for $12. Sooooo good.

Seconding D, I like to travel and I don't do it cheaply. I also eat about at least once a week at nice places.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I rarely splurge on anything, but when I do it's most likely travel.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

Me too! I'm cheap when it comes to everything else. But I'd be traveling all the time if I could quit my job and sell all of my possessions.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Fast food, unfortunately.  I really gotta stop that!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Fast food, unfortunately.  I really gotta stop that!

Why doesn't eating fast food make us fast?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Why doesn't eating fast food make us fast?

It makes me pretty fast getting to the bathroom....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Bourbon. mmmmmmm, bourbon......

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Travel. I don't travel a whole lot, but when I do, I like staying in the nice expensive places.

My husband is the one with the expensive hobbies. We bought him a DSLR camera for Christmas a few years ago, he got a telescope for his birthday (LAST MONTH), and now he's talking about getting a new laptop. I'm a pushover.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Food, beer and wine. I am kind of a snob...especially with beer, I will pay whatever necessary to drink beer that I really enjoy than whatever is cheap. Wine to a degree...I won't guzzle down $200 bottles, but I will not drink anything out of a box or the "house wine" at a restaurant. My boyfriend and I also have expensive taste in food, and love going to famous chef's restaurants. Once every few months we spend an obscene amount of money at one of Bobby Flay's, Morimoto's, Mario Batali's, ect. restaurants. LOVE food and booze!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

We are like that too.  We don't splurge on fancy dinners (maybe once a year) yet we sure splurge on travel.  Last year, we went to 6 places.

Me too! I'm cheap when it comes to everything else. But I'd be traveling all the time if I could quit my job and sell all of my possessions.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I feel you could get some inknburn out of this.  "Well, YOU got a new laptop, sniff."

Travel. I don't travel a whole lot, but when I do, I like staying in the nice expensive places.

My husband is the one with the expensive hobbies. We bought him a DSLR camera for Christmas a few years ago, he got a telescope for his birthday (LAST MONTH), and now he's talking about getting a new laptop. I'm a pushover.

Damaris

Fundraising Page