Beginners and Beyond

Soggy Sunday Penguins (Read 29 times)

Dad on the run.

Just stopping in for a quick hello. Wanted to show everyone what I built!!!

This is 199 online

And I built my own for 25 bucks getting my stuff from wal-mart

Pretty freaking awesome if you ask me!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Drumroll.....

She posted already!  She finished.  Will keep the time secret so she can reveal when she posts here.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

jblackjr you build a TRX?! awesome!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Saturday, did my 24th race of 2013:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/c5227e2719cc460cba9f51a07e3d0ae4#focus

Followed that up on Sunday morning by doing 3.5 miles around Lake Elmendorf Park, a local San Antonio park.  Never been to this park in all the time I've lived here, to took a few photos along my route.

As I started out, I was greeted by the sight of all these birds - egrets, maybe? - in a couple of trees by the lake.

race 073

Some nice views from the park trail of the lake and of some of the buildings of Our Lady Of The Lake University

race 070

race 064

race 065

race 066

race 067

Some murals along some of the stonework near the park trails.  I suppose some folks would call this 'graffitti" but it looks like quite well-crafted art-work to me.

race 070

race 068

race 069

Right before I got back to where my car was parked, I passed the trees where the birds were and found that the back of the trees were just as full of birds  as in the first photo I took of the front of the trees.

race 072

race 071

In the past, the West Side of San Antonio has had a reputation of being somewhat of  a high-crime area, and a not-so-safe area to be in.  Yet for my run this morning, I did not find that so at all.  I found it to be very pleasant and  the people/residents I encountered along my route were quite friendly.  I even got a few 'high-fives" along the way for my "I BEAT CANCER! NEVER GIVE UP!" shirt.  This is a very nice little park and I was surprised that more people were not out there taking advantage of its good trails. Definitely will run here again in the future sometime.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Hey guys!  Finished in 1:56:00.  Those last 3 miles were HARD!  I never had the same spring in my step that I had for my 10 miler, but I got it done!  Splits are ugly, though.  Had a nice lunch with the family and just ate all the calories I burned in my race in cookies & cream mousse.

RR later, I think there is some celebrating to do at my MIL's house.

Docket_Rocket

Great job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dad on the run.

Ya it was pretty easy. First time working out on it today and all I can say  is wow. The handles are from my bow flex and they worked out really well. Other wise you cabundled your own or buy some from Walmart for like 10 bucks a piece.

jblackjr you build a TRX?! awesome!!!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Zelanie

Haven't left yet, so I'll post my splits.  They are pretty revealing...

1- 8:47

2- 8:49

3- 8:41

4- 8:45

5- 8:53

6- 8:34

7- 8:37

8- 9:07 (whole mile was uphill)

9- 8:42

10- 8:53

11- 9:01

12- 9:21

13- 9:22

0.7- 8:13 pace

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay for Zelanie!! Scotty you havefun 24 races already this year?!! Damn!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

Philliefan33

Yeah Zelanie!  Awesome race--you got your sub-2:00 with plenty to spare!

GinnyinPA

Melanie - you ran a great race.  Under two hours for your first HM - hurray.

Coralie - yes, I guess they were right to cancel the race.  That would not have been fun.

Scotty - for some reason, the photos don't show for me.  Still, it sounds like a nice park.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Awesome job Zel!  I'm just checking in real quick.  It's P3's birthday, and I'm just along for the ride.  We're about to head out on our bicycles.  No running today.  That feels weird.

Hey guys!  Finished in 1:56:00.  Those last 3 miles were HARD!  I never had the same spring in my step that I had for my 10 miler, but I got it done!  Splits are ugly, though.  Had a nice lunch with the family and just ate all the calories I burned in my race in cookies & cream mousse.

RR later, I think there is some celebrating to do at my MIL's house.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Happy birthday p3!!!

Docket_Rocket

Happy Birthday, Pew Pew Pew!

Awesome job Zel!  I'm just checking in real quick.  It's P3's birthday, and I'm just along for the ride.  We're about to head out on our bicycles.  No running today.  That feels weird.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Anson, tell Marla I am singing ** Happy Happy Happy Birthday**.

Zel, YOU DID AWESOME!!

Ginny, I can't see the pics either, but I'm on my phone.

4 miles done.