Beginners and Beyond

For the Love of It 10k RR (auto-PR!) (Read 46 times)

From the Internet.

Nice! Sub-60 is definitely within reach next time.

I've only raced one 10K but I also really like the distance - long enough that you feel like you actually did some work, but short enough that the post-race recovery isn't bad.

hog4life and PADRunner - Thanks! Big grin

Jay - Thanks! The wind didn't start gusting until the very end. I'm really glad it held off for so long. Later that day, the wind was so bad it was pulling staked lights out of the ground in my parents' backyard! 

Dave and Lauren - Thanks! I completely agree about the recovery time. If it wasn't already planning to take some down time for my knee/hip, I could have easily gone out the next day for a run. And I like the length - it wasn't over in a blink, but it didn't drag. I'm considering focusing on the 5-10k range and maybe throwing in some HMs for the bling every once and a while. Tongue

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Good job on your first 10k and PR Nova.

I do have a question and comment.

All the pictures except the first have your mouth closed. Do you breathe through your mouth at all?

If you don't, may I suggest you do and your PRs will drop like a stone.

Good job on your first 10k and PR Nova.

I do have a question and comment.

All the pictures except the first have your mouth closed. Do you breathe through your mouth at all?

If you don't, may I suggest you do and your PRs will drop like a stone.

Thanks! I do breathe through my mouth when I'm running hard, but I wasn't going too hard on Saturday. I think it's also just the timing of the photos.

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

LRB

Now that there is some distance between me and this race, I actually think it went pretty well. 

That's probably the most important aspect of the race right there ; detaching from goals and/or expectations and seeing the bigger picture.

Generally speaking, we tend to be too harsh on ourselves regarding what we consider subpar performances when in fact those races lay the groundwork for future success so nice job!

Also, paced at or near your fitness, fun and 10k will never find themselves in the same sentence. lol