Beginners and Beyond

Penguins 2sDAILY (Read 22 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty, don't you pack "coyote" treats on your runs?

Time for the 3 miler.

I tried that, Jerry, but those darn little squirrels kept jumping out of my pockets...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Funny!

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, I know the desert side of WA, HsM...my wife grew up in Wenatchee, which is on the opposite side from Seattle, etc.  That place gets REAL winter and very hot summers.   BTW, after reading your garden post yesterday I went and got some strawberry sticks from the candy store and stuck them in the ground and waited for them to grow...and nada....very disappointing....

Too impatient!  It take longer than a day, silly!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Scotty is right.  It was 77F (counting heat index) when I left for work in the morning, with 70DP.  It has behaved this afternoon.  Right now, it is 86F.  Balmy and cool, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Never wound up getting my 5 in yesterday.  I thought it would be better to rest my back.  Today I did that 5 and my back felt fine while running.  While sitting or carrying any weight, not so much.  It is progress at least - no advil for me today either.  Hopefully will be back to normal by Saturday (doing a 10k with my hubby, he's going to race it and I'm just using it as a supported training run to get 9+1 NYM credits since I have a HM on the 17th).

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

sapf, glad for the progress today.   Hope the 10K goes well.

Yay for Zoe  !!!

Ran my 3 w/dw.  Went a little faster than I wanted (keeping up with speedy wife), so HR is still kind of fast.  I suppose it will take a few weeks for heart/lungs to get back to normal.  Didn't see any coyotes or homeless people, so it was a typical boring run, except for our UPS driver who stopped us on our cool down walk.  He was pretty excited about his first marathon last weekend.  Poor guy never ran more than 17 miles so it didn't go well, but he finished.  Even had his medal on the truck.

Guess I better take a nap so I can make it through the hockey game tonight.

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.2 miles at the park in 90* with a head cold.  That was fun.

Sitting here amazed at the generosity of the running community.  Our cup runneth over...

Running for TJ because he can't.