Beginners and Beyond

Pearl Izumi Ads (Read 123 times)

happylily

Really?

I feel I must come to defend Jan, whose origins I believe are from the Atlantic provinces, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia more precisely. People in the Maritimes are really the friendliest (along with Newfoundland) of all of Canada. Outside of that, Ontario and the Western provinces are fine. Only Quebecois are jerks. And we do it on purpose. It's called revenge. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Village people

I feel I must come to defend Jan, whose origins I believe are from the Atlantic provinces, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia more precisely. People in the Maritimes are really the friendliest (along with Newfoundland) of all of Canada. Outside of that, Ontario and the Western provinces are fine. Only Quebecois are jerks. And we do it on purpose. It's called revenge. Big grin

Thank you.

I grew up in New Brunswick as did my DH. Quebec buffers us Maritimers from Ontario. For that, we are thankful.

I've only been to Windsor.  I found the people there to be a bit anti-social, until I found a bar where my friend and I were the only two white folks (there words, not mine).  That bar was fun, and friendly.  We met a lot of cool people there.  At the other bars it seemed like a cultural thing.  Everybody came with a group, and only socialized within their group.  Seemed to defeat the purpose of a bar.

Perhaps people would have been more friendly if you used proper spelling & grammar. It has been demonstrated how touchy they are about such things.

Dave

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Ha!  They didn't even talk to each other unless they came together.

Perhaps people would have been more friendly if you used proper spelling & grammar. It has been demonstrated how touchy they are about such things.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

happylily

Thank you.

I grew up in New Brunswick as did my DH. Quebec buffers us Maritimers from Ontario. For that, we are thankful.

hahaha... Only Toronto is bad in Ontario.. And you know what? I was there on vacation in July and it wasn't as bad as it used to be. They have become less stuck-up and they really have made a beautiful city out of Toronto. Montreal frustrates me to no end, now.

Sorry, Birdwell, for the thread hijack. You wanted us to fight over the joggers vs runners thing, and we have been acting like kids, instead. Really sorry about that. Big grin

Birdwell

Really?

my response was to lilly calling all Canadians jerks. I've never been further east than Regina.

(in all reality the only jerk I've ever met from Canada was the guy at the gas station in Ft. MacLeod, AB who yelled at me and told me to go back to the States when I pulled up to the pump he was trying to get to. I was there first.)

Birdwell

hahaha... Only Toronto is bad in Ontario.. And you know what? I was there on vacation in July and it wasn't as bad as it used to be. They have become less stuck-up and they really have made a beautiful city out of Toronto. Montreal frustrates me to no end, now.

Sorry, Birdwell, for the thread hijack. You wanted us to fight over the joggers vs runners thing, and we have been acting like kids, instead. Really sorry about that. Big grin

I don't care. This is up to 6 pages!

Has anything ever stayed on topic anywhere on the internet?

Birdwell:  (Sorry I have been been slow to follow along on this thread and the part I'm responding to is mentioned on Page 1) On the Dave the swimmer story:  I loved reading that story, and there is a wonderful lesson in it.  It's possible that several people told Dave that he was wasting his time by being on the swim team.  However, by hanging in there, an opportunity was presented and he came away a win.  You were generous in setting up the scenario.

On the PI ads, I understand the marketing part, I am definitely a jogger, and I have several pieces of PI clothing that I really like and will continue to wear even though I come nowhere close to measuring up to their target market.

happylily

LOL... Their, their, don't get all touchy yourself. Big grin

Village people

I lived in southern Ontario for four years, not counting my university years. I know what it is like.

Daves_Not_Here

On the Dave the swimmer story:  I loved reading that story, and there is a wonderful lesson in it.  It's possible that several people told Dave that he was wasting his time by being on the swim team.  However, by hanging in there, an opportunity was presented and he came away a win.  You were generous in setting up the scenario.

+1

Kind gestures make the world a better place...for everyone. Smile

happylily

+1

Kind gestures make the world a better place...for everyone. Smile

Very true, Dave. Easy to forget, though.

Love the Half

1. If you want to change someone's mind, don't tell them what they NEED to do or insult them by claiming that they are overly sensitive.  That type of language causes people to dig in their heals

Quick question.  How do you "dig in your heals?"  Sorry.  Couldn't resist.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Daves_Not_Here

Quick question.  How do you "dig in your heals?"  Sorry.  Couldn't resist.

*grins* I just "poked" a buddy of mine on another forum for this....

His post:

...Everyday we eat incredibly well and never take it for granite our many blessings... tastes so good so nutrient dense...

My retort:

And that's a good thing my friend, cuz if it was granite...then it'd be just....*wait for it*...."dense". Wink Big grin