Beginners and Beyond

Go Mitch Go Saturday Penguins cheer! (Read 42 times)

Docket_Rocket

Damaris - I'm sorry about Trixie, but tell your DH congratulations.  When is your surgery scheduled?

Margo - At least you're getting lots of cross training, that's good.  As cold as it's been, and with all the snow and ice on the roads, I'm not surprised you've had a hard time getting out to run.

Not sure yet.  My doctor does not do the surgery so I have an appointment with an expert on fibroids for a second opinion and hopefully surgery.  Last thing I need is for him to want to wait more for it (to give it more time).  I am in such pain today, I am limping.

Now our results are not showing up.  This is his qualifying time for the Half Fanatics.  They better fix this.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anyone finish a marathon today? If so, raise your hand. Congrats! I ran 3 miles in the snow, about 3" on top of hardpack. 13F outside. Wore a t-shirt, longsleeve shirt, sweatshirt, and hooded sweatshirt. Also sweatpants. All mostly cotton. I'm low tech, except my running shoes are gore-tex Smile seemed to work fine for me, temperature-wise.
      kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Anyone finish a marathon today? If so, raise your hand. Congrats! I ran 3 miles in the snow, about 3" on top of hardpack. 13F outside. Wore a t-shirt, longsleeve shirt, sweatshirt, and hooded sweatshirt. Also sweatpants. All mostly cotton. I'm low tech, except my running shoes are gore-tex Smile seemed to work fine for me, temperature-wise.

OH ME!!!! I FINISHED A MARATHON!!!! But.....it was a marathon of Netflix episodes of Doctor Who. That count?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

"Now our results are not showing up. This is his qualifying time for the Half Fanatics. They better fix this."

Congrats Mr. Docket.  Didn't know about Half Fanatics.  What's the qualifying time?  Thought membership depends on #HM in X Days (3 in 90 days).

Docket_Rocket

"Now our results are not showing up. This is his qualifying time for the Half Fanatics. They better fix this."

Congrats Mr. Docket.  Didn't know about Half Fanatics.  What's the qualifying time?  Thought membership depends on #HM in X Days (3 in 90 days).

I meant qualifying race. That's what I get for being too busy to post properly.  He did 2 in 14 days which is also one of the initial qualifications.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

OH ME!!!! I FINISHED A MARATHON!!!! But.....it was a marathon of Netflix episodes of Doctor Who. That count?

I haven't seen that show in a lot of years. Not sure I ever understood it. Some day I'll wiki it to figure out what the heck I had watched Smile
              JerryInIL

Return To Racing

So he's Neptune?   Uranus by the Michelob Miami HM in March?

BTW, there is no limit for registration, so we didn't register yet, but we did make the hotel reservations through the race website.

Docket_Rocket

BTW, there is no limit for registration, so we didn't register yet, but we did make the hotel reservations through the race website.

Oh, he has one in January, February, and March.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I am most likely not going to run it due to the surgery but I can go and cheer if hubby runs it.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Sorry abt the wheel, Mitch. Finish with a smile and upright is what matters.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar