Beginners and Beyond

All Aboard the THURSDAILIES Crazy Train (Read 38 times)

Docket_Rocket

Actually he can keep that.  I would implode racing in those temps!

Rub it in because of his low humidity and dewpoint and his last comment to me, haha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty, that is my localish area. We made the news in Texas. Yee Hah! LOL

Beth, it was funny too...the Weather guy said the storm was going to Halifix in ONTARIO..one of the newscasters called to him "Halifax is a port city so I don't think it is in Ontario, I think it's in Quebec."  Gail and I - who have both been to Canada - were laughing and thinking "Idiots...Halifax is in Nova Scotia."  And THEN the got into a dispute about this, with one saying "Well, I think Quebec is a province, but Nova Scotia is a STATE of Canada, not a province."  Oh, brother!    Apparently, we have some geography-challenged news folks in San Antonio, lol.     Dang, Beth, that is a lot of snow!  Good luck with the deck.

Congrats on the 5.5, LRB, glad you did not turn into a popsicle out there.  Naw, I bet you'd do just fine here, just a matter of acclimatizing.  This is Spring weather for us.  By May we will be in the 90s.  I much prefer being hot than being cold.

Glad the cut-back week seems to be helping your foot, Andrew.  Hope it keeps up that way.

Sorry about the windy ways, FreeSoul. Poor Dorian, hope he feels better.  I know how he feels, I can't eat those curly fries either, they make as sick as a, well, dog...something in the seasoning always affects me.

Hope you feel better, Damaris, you and hubby both!

Hope your audit goes well, Marjorie!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Tom, I hope that the rest of the day is as relaxed as your morning seems to have been.

scottydawg, running, indoors or out, helps me feel less snotty, LOL.

Shari, nice nine-miler.

Marjorie, have a pleasant, comfortable run.

Andrew, beautiful three-miler.

Rick, great 5.5.

Beth, have fun on the TM and shoveling.

FreeSoul87, Dorian is in on-site daycare? Cool.

kristin10185, fantastic 4.6.

Zelanie, have a pleasant four-miler later.

Damaris, brava on the seven. Speedy and complete recoveries to you and DH.

One of my kids called me on my bad behavior today. He was running around the classroom when another teacher told him to stop. "But Miss B ran inside for more than an hour this morning, why can't I?" Because Miss B is crazy, kid.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

4 miles done, easy pace! Felt pretty good. Just the normal aches and pains. Smile

Scotty, I have some DOMS all over, but nothing too major. It was a good workout cutting and stacking that wood. I still need to rake up the kindling before I mow so that I don't sling a twig through a window or something.

Heading downtown to turn in my parking pass now, then groceries, then mowing. Work tomorrow at 0500 hrs.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Zelanie

One of my kids called me on my bad behavior today. He was running around the classroom when another teacher told him to stop. "But Miss B ran inside for more than an hour this morning, why can't I?" Because Miss B is crazy, kid.

I think that we spend so much time telling kids not to run, then we wonder why they're sedentary.  In the classroom, I get.  But in hallways?  Maybe we should spend our time teaching them to keep right and look where they're going instead of trying to get them not to run.

I like having my kids spend as much time as possible in the gym or outside. They're only three.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

The surveyor finally left so I ran 5.3.

Marjorie

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

On site daycare lol, he's with me pretty much 24/7 or 21/7 I should say. The only time he isn't with me is most of my runs and occasionally during grocery shopping.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

That is a lot of snow, Beth! Be careful with your back! Shovelling is harder than running. 

12 miles @ 7:28 pace, including 10 of them @ 7:18 mpm. I'm freezing wet, I need a hot bath.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

The surveyor finally left so I ran 5.3.

You should have made him run with you, he would have left a lot earlier.  lol

delicate flower

10 years/$300 million for Miguel Cabrera.  Whoa.

<3

LRB

10 years/$300 million for Miguel Cabrera.  Whoa.

My Cabrera?

LRB

My Cabrera?

I see it now.  Wow!

Docket_Rocket

My Cabrera?

Venezuelan Cabrera.

Hispanics are taking over baseball.  We are that good!  I remember when we only had Clemente as a Puerto Rican icon.  Now I can mention a lot of other ones.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

You should have made him run with you, he would have left a lot earlier.  lol

Ha. But he was in another state. The one that surveys here locally, well, she couldn't run from the door to her car so.......

Marjorie