Beginners and Beyond

Firecracker Tuesdailies (Read 32 times)

Zelanie

I ran 10.

I had an interesting start as some red and brown (or red and grey) little birds starting swooping down at me and chirping as I walked to the trailhead. I swatted at one of them and inadvertantly three my mp3 player at the little fuck, which was immediately run over by a car. CRUNCH! 

Where is scottydog when you need him?  RIP MP3 player.

LRB

Nice racing DavePNW, Bluesky, RunShortii and Zelanie.

+2

Final placings:

AG 1/32 M50-59

OA 14/408

MTA: glad I ran the 5k; there was a 10k, and the winner of my AG ran a 36:13. 

MTA2: when ranked by age percentage, I was 6th OA at 73.7% 

Dave

Docket_Rocket

20:17 and 1st AG!

Very happy with that time, based on where I am. Garmin had it at 3.07 miles, but whaddya gonna do.

Nice job!  Congrats on the placing too!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Runshortii

Final placings:

AG 1/32 M50-59

OA 14/408

Nice job!!

LRB, that sucks about the MP3 player 

No more marathons

Hee!  Only time it helps to be old.  My 22:22 age grades to 17:17 or 75.11%

Time adjusted that puts me first, but % adjusted I'd still lose to the overall winner - a 20 year old female at 18:58.  The time for 20 year old doesn't change, but her percent is 77.86.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Hee!  Only time it helps to be old.  My 22:22 age grades to 17:17 or 75.11%

Our AG% winner was a 67yo woman who ran a 26:01. And #2 went in the other direction - a 10yo girl who ran a 22:36.

Dave

No more marathons

Our AG% winner was a 67yo woman who ran a 26:01. And #2 went in the other direction - a 10yo girl who ran a 22:36.

My son and I once ran in a 10K trail race that was age graded.  He finished first overall, and also first age graded.  I was something like 8th or 9th overall, but 2nd age graded.  It was really cool for us to be one/two.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

5 easy miles fueled by half a pizza.  Yum.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

Final placings:

AG 1/32 M50-59

OA 14/408

Nice. Congrats!

GinnyinPA

Congratulations to all the racers. As usual, you did very well.