Beginners and Beyond

Happy Chinese New Year Sunday Penguins! (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Keep me posted.  Maybe we can see each other.

Coralie - sounds like a good way to do a Color Run.  Did the kids enjoy it?

Philliefan and D2- sounds like you both had good runs.  It was beautiful here too.

Scotty - happy birthday for real this time.

Damaris - I have no idea where we're going to end up.  We always play our trips by ear.  We go to various State Parks where we can camp and hike and I can run.  We had intended to go out to Arizona this year, but there are some family issues that make this a bad time to visit.  Last year we stayed in northern Florida and were along the shore during a really cold spell, though it warmed up after a bit.  Our previous trip we went all the way to Key West - in the rain - so didn't get to enjoy it much.  And that was a cold winter anyhow, even in Florida.  The trip before that was mostly central and northern Florida.  Florida has a lot of state parks, so who knows where we'll end up.

My run today was a mixture.  I wasn't feeling a lot of energy, despite the sunshine.  It took a long time to warm up, and I was having a really hard time with the hills.  I started to do a big loop that ends with a long climb but after 5 1/2 miles I decided I really wasn't feeling it, so I called my husband to meet me at the ice cream shop (thanks Lauren!) and we had some ice cream for lunch.  I got cold and stiff eating it, so I went home, drank some water, and got on the treadmill to finish out my 8 miles.  Doing so much running on the TM makes it really hard when I do go outside because my lungs just don't handle the hills well.  I know it will get better with practice, but I'm still at the stage where every molehill feels like a mountain.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

did this work?

hog4life

http://i46.tinypic.com/153txnb.jpg

maybe this one?

[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/153txnb.jpg[/IMG]

Docket_Rocket

I don't think either works.  The second one takes me to some pictures but I'm not sure what you were trying to post.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

I don't think either works.  The second one takes me to some pictures but I'm not sure what you were trying to post.

Thanks Damaris. its the colon cancer ribbon. Maybe I'll get it here soon

hog4life

Wallah!!

Docket_Rocket

Yes, I saw it on the second link. Wallah!

Wallah!!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Mitch - I see it now!

Zel - The race report is up.  The bar is set.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013