Beginners and Beyond

Turkey Dailies! (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Oops, missed Bluerun!  Nice job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I REALLY wanted to run my race in 34:56... it looks so pretty.

34:55. 

34:55 actually looks better than 34:56. To me anyway.

delicate flower

34:55 actually looks better than 34:56. To me anyway.

Yeah but this is bluerun we're talking about.  Nice run, blue!

<3

LRB

The McMillan Calculator Game is so much more fun with a real actual RECENT race instead of old race times and wild guesses!

5 miles in 35:11. So in theory I should be able to shoot for something under 21:30 for 5K (McMillan says 21:13 but I don't have enough 5K-specific workouts in my recent past), or under 45 for 10K (McMillan: 44:04).

The good thing about racing post marathon is you throw all the metrics out the window and just run your ass off. So run your ass off.  Smile

LRB

Yeah but this is bluerun we're talking about.  Nice run, blue!

Yep, I'm sure she's busy putting her head back together (after it exploded) as we speak. lol

bluerun

Super B****

Yep, I'm sure she's busy putting her head back together (after it exploded) as we speak. lol

It gets better... my gun time was 34:57.  HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

They are on to you!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Don't jump!! lol

bluerun

Super B****

Don't jump!! lol

If I was going to do that, it would be because MY KNEE IS ****ING KILLING ME.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

There was a 47-year-old woman in my 5k who ran an 18:47.

Dave