Beginners and Beyond

Thursday's DAILIES (Read 21 times)

Cyberic

Hello!

I'm doing my morning ritual before heading out the door for an easy run on the dirt road slowly snaking up my beautiful small city mountain. Sun is shining, long sleeve shirt temp... Can't wait!

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Ran 10k with my running partner this morning.  This is a great time of year for early morning runs.  The sun is up, but it's still a cool 9º outside but the traffic is still light enough that car noise isn't drowning out the birds.  (Trying to go metric for the sake of the man who started the thread this morning.)

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Woke up with a migraine but since I'm still WFH, thought of doing a couple of hours before I decide to take off. Hoping the meds I took when I woke up help. One hour down.

I have 5-6 and weights.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ran 10k with my running partner this morning.  This is a great time of year for early morning runs.  The sun is up, but it's still a cool 9º outside but the traffic is still light enough that car noise isn't drowning out the birds.  (Trying to go metric for the sake of the man who started the thread this morning.)

I hope this is either a typo or Celsius.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I hope this is either a typo or Celsius.

Yup, per the metric theme.  It was 48ºF.

In other good news, my 14-year-old will be getting his first shot tomorrow thanks to yesterday's CDC approval of the Pfizer vaccine for adolescents.  My whole family will be fully vaccinated by Father's Day!

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

delicate flower

Hey-oh!!  Coming at you here on my swanky new laptop!  I ran 7.1 easy miles before work.  39 degrees and sunny....quite lovely.  Bike workout later and have yet to decide if that'll be inside or outside.  Depends on the timing, I guess. 

my morning ritual

I did my morning ritual both before and after my run.  

<3

Cyberic

So much simpler that way 

Cyberic

I prefer the shit talk around here than the other kind of shit talk we see on other social media platforms

delicate flower

I prefer the shit talk around here than the other kind of shit talk we see on other social media platforms

For runners, this is actually a subject worth discussing matter-of-factly.

<3

delicate flower

Re: marathon, I was planning on running Hartford in October and they changed the course for 2021.  They've made no mention of whether or not it is still a Boston qualifier, so I e-mailed them and asked.  There is no point in me running it if it's not a BQ course, even if I work for the title sponsor.  So, I've started to think about a possible B-race.  Maybe New Jersey, maybe Baystate.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

For runners, this is actually a subject worth discussing matter-of-factly.

Indeed, I always get up an hour before a morning long run so I can make a follow up visit to the bathroom just before I head out to take care of what wasn't moved out the first time.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Re: marathon, I was planning on running Hartford in October and they changed the course for 2021.  They've made no mention of whether or not it is still a Boston qualifier, so I e-mailed them and asked.  There is no point in me running it if it's not a BQ course, even if I work for the title sponsor.  So, I've started to think about a possible B-race.  Maybe New Jersey, maybe Baystate.

If the course is certified, it's a BQ course.  I checked the USATF site for marathon courses for the Hartford Marathon and there is nothing recent, only one from 2016, which I assume is the old course.  Bay State is supposed to be a very good course to run a BQ, flat and fast.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Before, and during for me. Used the park restroom at 1.7 miles, which is one of my regulars. Shit talk is a constant around here, but race talk coming back is a big win.

7 miles before my 7:00 meeting.

MTA: meeting cancellation notice comes at 6:55. 

Dave

delicate flower

If the course is certified, it's a BQ course.  I checked the USATF site for marathon courses for the Hartford Marathon and there is nothing recent, only one from 2016, which I assume is the old course.  Bay State is supposed to be a very good course to run a BQ, flat and fast.

I've heard the same thing.  It's also driving distance, which is a requirement for me this year.  Their website still isn't updated for 2021 though.

<3

I’ve always heard good things about Baystate, and it’s a crime you haven’t run it considering how close you are. Not as close as Hartford of course, but you’ve run that a billion times. I think you’ve run NJ, so it would be interesting to run Baystate just for variety’s sake. Although not everyone cares about that as much as me. I’ve never run the same marathon more than once, which was coincidental at first but now it’s kind of a thing.

Dave