Beginners and Beyond

IRONMAN SunDAILIES: Good luck to the MBC! (Read 48 times)

LRB

I cannot set an example for something I don't do!

Have a coffee, maybe then you will wake-up and see reason.

Docket_Rocket

Have a coffee, maybe then you will wake-up and see reason.

If I have coffee now, I wouldn't be able to fall asleep until Wednesday....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

lol

You win.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

WOW thanks guys!  My swim wave started at 7am so I missed all of this until just now.

Here's my recap:

I swimmed

I biked

run: totally kicked my a$$.  I swear after the first loop I didn't know how I was going to make it until I saw Phil and he hugged me, gave me some words of encouragement and ran along side me for a quarter of a mile or so.

And then when I asked he confirmed I could still walk the whole thing and make the cutoff Smile  By I opted not to because I just wanted to get the hell outta there and "running" would make it happen faster.  My runs turned into a fast walk but whatever - it's DONE and I'm an IRONMAN!  WOOT!

Mmmmm...beer

WOW thanks guys!  My swim wave started at 7am so I missed all of this until just now.

Here's my recap:

I swimmed

I biked

run: totally kicked my a$$.  I swear after the first loop I didn't know how I was going to make it until I saw Phil and he hugged me, gave me some words of encouragement and ran along side me for a quarter of a mile or so.

And then when I asked he confirmed I could still walk the whole thing and make the cutoff Smile  By I opted not to because I just wanted to get the hell outta there and "running" would make it happen faster.  My runs turned into a fast walk but whatever - it's DONE and I'm an IRONMAN!  WOOT!

Absolutely incredible, you rock!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Here's my recap:

I swimmed

I biked

It's great strategy during any race and especially one that lasts for 15 hours!

Congrats to you and a big 'atta boy to Phil for picking you up when you needed it most!

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!  You rocked it!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

Here's my recap:

I swimmed

I biked

So amazing.  Congratulations!

WOOT!

Understatement of the year. Tremendous job! I can't imagine how brutal the run was, after the swim & bike, in the late afternoon heat. Way to push through it.

Dave

LRB

I can't imagine how brutal the run was, after the swim & bike, in the late afternoon heat. 

I think back to my first 20 mile run, run in 90 degrees (that did NOT come after swimming and biking an eternity) and the disillusionment I experienced must have paled in comparison!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I think back to my first 20 mile run, run in 90 degrees (that did NOT come after swimming and biking an eternity) and the disillusionment I experienced must have paled in comparison!

It's all relative.  I bet you ran a LOT faster than I did! Smile

Hip Redux

LMFAO.  You were late in posting her finish.  Someone beat you to it.  Silly.

Remember, first you update, then you hug your Ironman!

No, the other person was just really early. lol  Babs posted right on time, like a good sherpa.

No more marathons

Here's my recap:

I swimmed

I biked

How incredibly impressive!  Congratulations.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!