Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 30 times)

Zelanie

Hey guys.  I ran 4 yesterday, so I'm sort of back?  No not much coughing, but now my foot hurts.   I'll keep trying, because that's what I do.

Zoe tore her ACL on Friday- we went into the vet this morning to confirm.  We're scheduled for a consult with the ortho vet in Portland 7/5, and then hopefully surgery soon after that.

GinnyinPA

Z - sorry to hear about Zoe. What happened? Did she do it while running or just while playing with Mia?

Zelanie

Z - sorry to hear about Zoe. What happened? Did she do it while running or just while playing with Mia?

She was just out for a short walk with DH and Mia.  He turned back early (he had also been sick, they hadn't been out all that much), and they started playing extra rough because they knew they were headed home.  At some point Zoe limped up to him and was really distraught and kept pecking him with her head the rest of the way home.  Then at home she was restless all night, and 3-legged.  It hasn't gotten any better since then, although she has calmed down a bit.

That has been a bad leg for her for a while, but before she never showed any signs of limping before the walk, only afterwards when we were home.  She usually wasn't fully 3-legged either.

LRB

She was just out for a short walk with DH and Mia.  He turned back early (he had also been sick, they hadn't been out all that much), and they started playing extra rough because they knew they were headed home.  At some point Zoe limped up to him and was really distraught and kept pecking him with her head the rest of the way home.  Then at home she was restless all night, and 3-legged.  It hasn't gotten any better since then, although she has calmed down a bit.

That has been a bad leg for her for a while, but before she never showed any signs of limping before the walk, only afterwards when we were home.  She usually wasn't fully 3-legged either.

Damn.

No more marathons

Well - 4 miles that was faster than a walk, but not much.

Hamstring let me know it did not want to go very fast, or stretch out at all, so I was taking little baby steps the whole way.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Crazy storms here all afternoon. Strength training.

Zelanie, hope yo can keep Zoe comfortable until her vet appointment.

Docket_Rocket

I'm sorry, Z.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Zoe tore her ACL on Friday- we went into the vet this morning to confirm.  We're scheduled for a consult with the ortho vet in Portland 7/5, and then hopefully surgery soon after that.

Maggie, our boxer, tore her ACL when she was 1 year old.  The surgery was done by our regular vet, and recovery went well.  She is over 11 now, and has never had another issue with it.  Old-age has about got her down, but that repair worked.

Runner with a riding problem.