Beginners and Beyond

IMTPT (Read 1309 times)

Finished my run for the day.  Meh. That is all, nothing to see here, move along.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Call me anti American but I honestly couldn't care less about the Superbowl.

Nightcrawler-

You may be right

I'm right there with you. I would have to google it to see who's in it or what time it starts/started. Football is just not my thing.

Don't believe everything you think. 

I'm right there with you on this one.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Do you care about the ads at least?  I mean, I don't really watch football but I do watch it for the commercials.  LOL.

BTW, what's your next marathon?  How many stars do you have?  I have since decided that 2 is not enough and I'm looking at the 12-18 marathons in one year for 3.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

probably find  all the adds on you tube tomorrow!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Yeah, all the ads will be online, if they aren't already.  The game is on, but I really don't care about it.  Don't want to let the HD go to waste though!

Damaris, I'm 6 stars right now.  Got that by doing 16 marathons in 16 different states last year.  And I doubt I'll ever get anything higher, and honestly, it's not that big of a deal to me anymore.  I'd still like to get a race in all 50 states in my lifetime, I'm at 23 states right now. I have the Austin Marathon in Texas in two weeks.  And then after that, I've got some races planned leading up to the 48 hour race in NJ in May, but also trying to cut back expenses too, so a copule of those may be scaled way back to save $$.

Now, I played.  What can you tell me about going to the chiropractor for adjustments?  I feel like my hips are out of align right now, and I'm toying with the idea of going to a sports chiro to get checked out.  My left glute and hamstring just aren't firing when I run, and they are painfully sore.  And it seems my hips are kind of wonky right now, which I think is the underlying problem.

Better I Leave

I'm with you my friend.

The halftime show is horrible.  Ack.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, if you find the right chiro, the alignment will be great.  However, the chiro is something you will probably have to go every so often, in my experience.  My misalignment comes back because I don't care for myself.  I would try to find one that's covered by the plan AND that is good (maybe somebody can recommend one).

Yeah, all the ads will be online, if they aren't already.  The game is on, but I really don't care about it.  Don't want to let the HD go to waste though!

Damaris, I'm 6 stars right now.  Got that by doing 16 marathons in 16 different states last year.  And I doubt I'll ever get anything higher, and honestly, it's not that big of a deal to me anymore.  I'd still like to get a race in all 50 states in my lifetime, I'm at 23 states right now. I have the Austin Marathon in Texas in two weeks.  And then after that, I've got some races planned leading up to the 48 hour race in NJ in May, but also trying to cut back expenses too, so a copule of those may be scaled way back to save $$.

Now, I played.  What can you tell me about going to the chiropractor for adjustments?  I feel like my hips are out of align right now, and I'm toying with the idea of going to a sports chiro to get checked out.  My left glute and hamstring just aren't firing when I run, and they are painfully sore.  And it seems my hips are kind of wonky right now, which I think is the underlying problem.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

As to the Maniacs, I don't see myself going past 2-3 stars but I'll finish 12 months with 10 and 10 and 12 are so close I might as well jump to the next level.

And yes, the halftime show was boring.  I like Beyonce but I don't love her.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

If you're that close, you might as well!

And yes, I think that's what chiros like, repeat business, which is a revenue stream for them.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey kidos.  Did my long run event today.  It was fun but hard running downtown and not falling!  So many uneven sidewalks, running on brick, slate and cambered areas.  Did get to run the area on this months Rave Run pic in RW.  Did the bridge too and all over town.  Special event for a forumite who died unexpectedly in Nov and left 2 kids.  Her birthday is this week so a bunch of us have different events/races etc planned.

Dh and I met at a super bowl party.  However I have not watched the game today at all.  Dh is at work and I just wasn't into it this year.  No desire to see Beyonce either.

Marjorie

Marjorie, hope the event was a success.   Sad occasion for sure though.

Hey guys.  I didn't necessary care about the superbowl except that I wanted San Francisco to lose. It was actually a pretty crazy game, glad I watched it.  Other than that I'm generally angry and depressed about life.

I may be slow but I never quit.