Beginners and Beyond

What benefits do you get from inline skating (Read 105 times)

Village people

Google is your friend.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/109.shtml

^ not highlighted but link works. 

Google is your friend.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/109.shtml

^ not highlighted but link works. 

Screw that! You should instead listen to a bunch of random strangers spouting their ill-informed opinions. Roll eyes

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, I think my foot is finally feeling better so I might not have to replace my planned runs with inline skating, but take it easy and maybe if this weather warms up I'll skate on the days I don't after Go! St. Louis Half next weekend.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've researched this last year, I think I do this every year but I love hearing other's opinions and stuff, plus I can annoy the people who just want to hear about running Big grin

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

I've researched this last year, I think I do this every year but I love hearing other's opinions and stuff, plus I can annoy the people who just want to hear about running Big grin

Back in the day, they used to just talk about running, that's why I don't come here anymore, except to complain about why I don't come here anymore.

Dave

happylily

Back in the day, they used to just talk about running, that's why I don't come here anymore, except to complain about why I don't come here anymore.

I missed that one. That is funny. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good news, my foot is doing a hell of a lot better and it doesn't look like I'll have to substitute any of my runs with inline skating....... YAY!  I ran tonight and things went pretty well, though my inner thighs were feeling Sunday's rollerblading and my left toes and the piece of meat right behind them kind of felt a bit warm, or irritated with the sock after mile 2........... almost like a carpet burn was slowly happening.

PRs

MrNamtor

If you can skate your way back to 1993 you might be able to pull off a hipster look.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lots of people around here inline skate, and then of course the only skating rink in Eville is always packed.

PRs

ColinKint

Can anyone deny the health benefits of inline skating? According to my opinion my life and health has been changed since the day I bought a pair of inline skates. Inline skating is an effective low impact exercise helps lose weight by turning fat into muscles. It builds aerobic and anaerobic workout benefits. Increasing core strength and self-confidence is one of the greatest benefits of inline skating.

Remember- the overall performance and health benefits depend on choosing the suitable pair of inline skate.

Colin Kint