Beginners and Beyond

Race for a better place 5k, sub-19 & 2nd OA! (Read 65 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Rick, after reading the hip article, I did the reaching for something on a high shelf test, and that showed me that my hips should be slightly forward, so that's what I went with (leave it to me to be a lil different, since it said that most people already rotate too far forward lol).  It seems to be working well so far.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

workinprogress11

Congratulations on the sub 19 and 2nd OA. You are getting so speedy!

Oddly enough, in local 5ks I often end up by myself too, but not because I'm fast. There always seems to be the fast group in front of me and the slow group behind me. When I find myself running alone, I just pretend creditors are chasing me. That lights a fire under my rear 

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks work!  Creditors, I like it,  I'll have to try that next time! lol

-Dave

My running blog

outoftheblue

Congrats on taking #2 OA and pushing yourself despite the lack of race-mates.   I've run some small events and it really is hard to stay in race mode when you can't see anyone around you.  Well done!!

Life is good.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, Dave, you now have to officially retract that statement you made in one of the dailies thread last week, something like "A lot of people think I'm faster than I actually am."  Uh yeah, right....You now are OFFICIALLY faster than YOU thought you were!    Congrats!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks OOTB! Smile

Thanks Scotty!  Yeah, I guess I just need to admit it. Smile  My wife likes to joke that I'm the fastest old guy in Chesapeake, which isn't even true lol  I'm a lil scared of aging up, there are some fast Masters around here.

-Dave

My running blog

Just B.S.

Dave you rock and look totally bad ass while doing it! that's a win/win. Congrats!!

delicate flower

I read reports like this from Dave, LRB, and Jay, and I think about how I can't wait to get through marathon training and work on speed so I can try to be fast like you guys.  Smile

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Beth! Smile

Thanks Phil, now I need to try catch up to Rick and Jay!

-Dave

My running blog