Beginners and Beyond

Funky FriDAILIES (Read 46 times)

Right - I definitely wouldn't mind skipping all the post-race recovery and fitness loss

If you do skip it, what are you going to use that retained fitness for?

Dave

GinnyinPA

Is there a 50k near you in the near future? You could get an automatic PR if that's a new distance for you and still be able to take advantage of your current fitness.

Is there a 50k near you in the near future? You could get an automatic PR if that's a new distance for you and still be able to take advantage of your current fitness.

To each his own, but for me, eff anything >26.2.

Dave

Cyberic

If you do skip it, what are you going to use that retained fitness for?

I know you know it wasn't your last cycle alone that made you BQ. Racing after a cycle does not make all the training count, or rather not racing after a cycle does not waste all the training

I know you know it wasn't your last cycle alone that made you BQ. Racing after a cycle does not make all the training count, or rather not racing after a cycle does not waste all the training

Heh, that's just your opinion. 

I was wondering though if there was a flat half she could do, and PR the hell out of based on marathon training. Not quite as satisfying as PRing a marathon, but the next best thing imho.

Dave

Cyberic

Heh, that's just your opinion 

I was wondering though if there was a flat half she could do, and PR the hell out of based on marathon training. Not quite as satisfying as PRing a marathon, but the next best thing imho.

Of course Smile

A half is fun, and it doesn't destroy you like a marathon does. In my opinion Smile

onemile

Heh, that's just your opinion. 

I actually had that idea too but races dry up around here this time of year

Coastal

Of course Smile

A half is fun, and it doesn't destroy you like a marathon does. In my opinion Smile

My thought exactly.  Use that fitness to destroy a half.

onemile

look, if there was a half marathon in the next 3 weeks in this area that was a fast course I would be on it. But there's not. There is only the Madison half that is as hilly as the Madison Marathon.