Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 33 times)

Docket_Rocket

Evening friends!

Whew busy day - the puppy is having some kind of sleep regression it something, so he's been up at like 3 most nights this week and we are all WIPED. OUT.

Ran a pre-race shakeout around noon - legs are feeling great. Indoor 3000m on a 200m banked track tomorrow morning!

Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Good luck Lauren!

The law firm I worked for in DC had a big fancy annual party. I never went, because I couldn't see the point of spending a lot of money for a dress I would never wear again. Our lifestyle doesn't include dressy events. I heard some interesting stories afterwards. There was a lot of alcohol involved.

Docket_Rocket

Good luck Lauren!

The law firm I worked for in DC had a big fancy annual party. I never went, because I couldn't see the point of spending a lot of money for a dress I would never wear again. Our lifestyle doesn't include dressy events. I heard some interesting stories afterwards. There was a lot of alcohol involved.

Law firm parties are famous for that.  I've heard stories as well down here!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

We rule.  ETA:  Except in mileage games.

And fantasy football.

Dave

Ran a pre-race shakeout around noon - legs are feeling great. Indoor 3000m on a 200m banked track tomorrow morning!

That sounds cool, good luck! Have you ever raced on a track before? Maybe you were a HS runner, IDK. That would be weird for me.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

If you haven't run on a banked track before, be sure you get a good feel for running on the banked portion at race pace in your warm up.  It can easily trip you up if you aren't prepared for it.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

From the Internet.

Thanks folks! Big grin

Dave - nope, first time! I've been running 1-2 workouts/week with my club on a 200m track for the last several weeks so I'm sort of used to the size now.

George - ooh good to know! My event runs first so it shouldn't be an issue to get in some time on the track during warmup.

LRB

Does it help?

For me, I would say that foam rolling a sore hamstring is better than stretching one. Stretching can agitate it, rolling can sometimes be relieving. You can also control the pressure with foam rolling, something you can't easily do with stretching.

Of course, all of that comes with the caveat that I have only recently taken up the practice, so you can probably ignore this advice and any other thing that I write on this or any other topic, really.