Beginners and Beyond

Fired Up Friday Penguins (Read 25 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It' noon in Texas, Penguins.  So I am outta here for my holiday weekend!   I'm not going anywhere, though, so will be off-and-on the forums at home.   Have a great holiday and a SAFE one!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PADRunner

Me too, PAD.  Takes me about a half-mile or so, and then I finally get to 'feeling it' for my run and do better the rest of the way.  Congrats on your 4 miles.  My chosen music is oldies and classic rock n roll.  I don't think I listen to anything beyond the 1980s, lol.

I've got all kinds of but primarily classic rock.  I finished up with Blue Oyster Cult and Boston.

hog4life

I've got all kinds of but primarily classic rock.  I finished up with Blue Oyster Cult and Boston.

Yes to some Blue Oyster Cult!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

You guys would love my band...

Docket_Rocket

Have fun, Scotty!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Go Horned Frogs!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Sloooow.

Checking in! I'm having an awful time adjusting to a new schedule, so I'm not doing well keeping up. 2.6 miles doe on the treadmill. The first mile and a half felt great, then I started to feel shaky and miserable. It's only 78F in the house, so I feel like a wuss reading about you all running outside in the heat, lol. This is actually my highest mileage week for more than a month. With 10.7 miles, how pitiful is that. Planning on an outdoor 3 Sunday morning.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Checking in! I'm having an awful time adjusting to a new schedule, so I'm not doing well keeping up. 2.6 miles doe on the treadmill. The first mile and a half felt great, then I started to feel shaky and miserable. It's only 78F in the house, so I feel like a wuss reading about you all running outside in the heat, lol. This is actually my highest mileage week for more than a month. With 10.7 miles, how pitiful is that. Planning on an outdoor 3 Sunday morning.

You'll be fine. Just be stubborn and stick with it. We all have to start somewhere, you know? When does your training plan start?  I think part of the reason why I train well is because I am OCD about it (at least DW says so). If I miss a workout I have guilt, I think I'm cheating myself, and feel like I won't race as well. Whatever, that's just me. Like I said, you can do it and you'll be fine. Now I'm going home to drink a beer. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Great job.  Little by little you'll get back on track.  Just keep at it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sloooow.

You'll be fine. Just be stubborn and stick with it. We all have to start somewhere, you know? When does your training plan start?  I think part of the reason why I train well is because I am OCD about it (at least DW says so). If I miss a workout I have guilt, I think I'm cheating myself, and feel like I won't race as well. Whatever, that's just me. Like I said, you can do it and you'll be fine. Now I'm going home to drink a beer. Smile

My training plan technically started this week. My aim was a 12 mile week. I do TERRIBLE with training plans. If I start a run with a set goal, I'm more likely to not make it. My main plan is to  reach my mileage goals each week, and increase my outdoor run by half a mile a week.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

My training plan technically started this week. My aim was a 12 mile week. I do TERRIBLE with training plans. If I start a run with a set goal, I'm more likely to not make it. My main plan is to  reach my mileage goals each week, and increase my outdoor run by half a mile a week.

You will get the 12 this week, Coralie.  Short work week, long running week !!!!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Had a nice "happy hour " with DD and fiancé at the wedding venue.  Bad hail storm while on the train home, but lucked out as it was almost over when we got off.  Won't have to sprinkle the lawn tonight.

hog4life

Coralie, try to give yourself a range for each workout/run, and also a range for the week. For example, if Tuesday's run says 4, make a range of 3-5, or something like that. And for the week, if your plan calls for 15, set your goal at say, maybe 13-15. I do this quite often, and it relieves the guilt feeling if you don't quite make the higher end of the range.
                            Zelanie

I do the range thing, too.  It takes the pressure off, especially for my long runs.