Beginners and Beyond

What race are you looking forward to the most this year? (Read 107 times)

Jess runs for bacon

I LOVE YOU!!!!  I'd love to meet you too, Jess!!!  Come run it - there are 10 of us heading to that race from all over the place!!  I'd love to meet you and the HM is nutso fast: a downhill course!

Smile I am really, really considering it. I'm just nervous because I am spending a crap ton of cash on races and traveling this year, but it's in November, plenty of time to save $$.

Man this is how I get into trouble...

03/17 Shamrock (full)

05/11 Lake Wobegon (full)

10/13 Chicago (full)

Chicago is my favorite each year, but Lake Wobegon is where my PR is and the Shamrock may be where my PR is gonna be.

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Like hipfan, I have 2 goal races this year also.  I'm pretty certain we are both running the same HM in May.  This will be my 4th time running it so it's a nice benchmark race for me.  I've PR'ed each year, and am hoping to do so again (1:57).

This fall, I am running the Mount Desert Island marathon in Bar Harbor, Maine.  It's a hilly course, so I'm not sure about a PR there, but I am looking forward to travelling there to visit all of my family and friends.  And the course looks beautiful.  So I'd say this is the one I'm most excited about.

Yeah Paula, despite a PR attempt on a flat course, it's hard to get excited about either the Scotiabank Calgary Marathon or the Centaur Subaru Half-Marathon - neither is really that scenic or amazing...though the start is really close for me. (like 250 m from my building!)

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Smile I am really, really considering it. I'm just nervous because I am spending a crap ton of cash on races and traveling this year, but it's in November, plenty of time to save $$.

Man this is how I get into trouble...

Ha, it's definitely a friendly HM course too and there's even a few of us Canadians who are heading down for the fun of the race and the FE. Plus apparently they have cool medals! (though 120-122 for me would be cooler)

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

Ball of Fury

I have 2 that I am really looking forward to:  The Spartan Beast in September, which is either 13.1 or 26.2 on Mt. Killington in Vermont (haven't decided if I will do the Beast or Ultra Beast) and the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon in November, because I really want to have a good marathon experience to erase my memory of the awful first one!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This first race this Saturday is a big one for me, hopefully it will be a great race as well.

But I am really, REALLY looking forward to the Indianapolis Monumental Half and the Evansville Half, I haven't ran the Indy before but it is on my birthday weekend and it is relatively flat so I expect to do really great. I am looking forward to the Evansville Half as I have ran it twice now, first time I was 13 weeks pregnant and couldn't run as fast as I wanted because I had to pee the whole time. Second time I ran it injured because I didn't give body enough time to recover from pregnancy and giving birth SO this year's Half is going to be awesome as long as A: I do not end up pregnant between now and then, 2: I don't get injured.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)