Beginners and Beyond

Hospital Hill half Marathon RR. (Read 70 times)

RabbitChaser

What: Hospital Hill half Marathon
    When: Saturday, June 1st
    Where: Kansas City, MO
    Goal: Sub-2:00
    Finishing Time: 1:53:52

The race went very well this morning and I finished much better than I thought. I finished almost 10 minutes faster than my previous best time on this course and almost 30 minutes faster than last year. I could not have asked for a better race. If you want to view the full race report, it is located here. While this is nowhere near a PR, it is a new CR (course record) for me.

Word to the wise, it is long with a lot of pictures. The text shouldn't take that long to read. :grin:

Eric

Docket_Rocket

I read your RR from your FB link but I wanted to comment here that it's awesome your progress since your issues earlier this year.  Looking forward to more from you!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Read your full report from your link. The photos really conveyed the  sense of the race.  One question, what the heck was a spectator  near the end of mile 8 wearing a Yale sweatshirt in KC?

Excellent job on the running and the last gear at the end of the race.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Trail Monster

Wow! Stellar! Congrats!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

RabbitChaser

Damaris - Thanks! I have surprised myself on how quickly I have recovered.

bozydeco - Thanks! I didn't even realize they were wearing a Yale shirt. LOL

Banshee - Thanks!

Eric

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Congratulations on beating your goal and setting such a big course PR!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your race and the new course record!  Nice report and photos!

That was not so many photos (says the guy who puts about 50 photos or more in his own race report, lol)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Congrats on breaking your elusive 2:00 on that course, and the pics made me feel like I was running along with you.  Good stuff.

B-Plus

Congrats on a great race. That's a really big course record.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Congrats on the strong race. I was intrigued by the RR since I've heard about this race and it's hills. Great job!

- Andrew

RabbitChaser

SIAR - Thanks!

Scotty - Thanks! I don't think anyone can add as many photos as you do. Smile

Jay - Thanks!

B-Plus - Thanks!

Brr - Thanks! If you're ever able to run it, I would highly recommend it.

Read your full report from your link, congrats!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Nothing like beating your goal by almost 7 minutes!  Nice job.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

LRB

7 minutes is huge, congrats!