Beginners and Beyond

MCM Introducing Lottery for 2014 (Read 52 times)

LRS

Chasing Muses

I might be late to the party on this, but I was looking at the online version of the MCM Program and on page 55 it mentions that they will be instituting a lottery for 2014. Lottery for the general public opens Feb 23. Automatic access is still available for Active Duty, MCM Race Club members (5 MCM finishes) and finishers of the 17.75k. Figured we would see this sooner rather than later.

Docket_Rocket

I think they announced it this week so you are not late to the party.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I just saw that too. I figured they would have to go to a lottery soon, it's why I signed up for this year (only 3 more weeks).

LRS

Chasing Muses

I wasn't planning on running it this year, but I signed up for the 17.75k because it was a great race in past years. It filled up in 10 minutes because of the MCM "Golden Ticket" and wasn't the race it used to be. Once I had the automatic entry I figured I would do MCM one more time.

Docket_Rocket

I signed up for the second time in a row and hubby asked me not to do it again since it is a huge race and we want to do smaller marathons from now on.  But it is a great race to do at least once and I suspected this was the way it was going, so I am glad I'm in for this year.

Hoping to meet this time, LRS.  I'm staying in Rosslyn this time, very close to the finish but North of it so out of the mega mess.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRS

Chasing Muses

I signed up for the second time in a row and hubby asked me not to do it again since it is a huge race and we want to do smaller marathons from now on.  But it is a great race to do at least once and I suspected this was the way it was going, so I am glad I'm in for this year.

Hoping to meet this time, LRS.  I'm staying in Rosslyn this time, very close to the finish but North of it so out of the mega mess.

I'll send something out on FB and see if anyone wants to do dinner Sat night. Either way, if there will be a MM photo this year, I'll see ya there at least.

Docket_Rocket

I'll send something out on FB and see if anyone wants to do dinner Sat night. Either way, if there will be a MM photo this year, I'll see ya there at least.

Have they scheduled it?  I miss those 10 out of 12 times a year.  Last year I got to the starting line AFTER the gun had gone off and I was on the assigned shuttle and spent 2 hours in line for it.  I don't know how to get to the starting line this year but I will make an effort to be there for the pic!

Damaris

Fundraising Page