Beginners and Beyond

Anyone else waiting to hear on their status for NYC 2014? (Read 76 times)

slowrunningjulie

The lottery drawing is today. I have been obsessively checking my bank account and email all day long. Nothing so far.

Upcoming:

July 27 - San Francisco marathon

happylily

I was accepted last night through pre-general lottery with my qualifying time. Woohoo! I'm officially $390 poorer!  Oh and... 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

slowrunningjulie

I was accepted last night through pre-general lottery with my qualifying time. Woohoo! I'm officially $390 poorer!  Oh and... 

Congratulations! It is kind of a mixed blessing, isn't it? I keep checking my bank account online and am disappointed when I see that the balance hasn't changed. Then I realize how weird that is...

Upcoming:

happylily

Congratulations! It is kind of a mixed blessing, isn't it? I keep checking my bank account online and am disappointed when I see that the balance hasn't changed. Then I realize how weird that is...

Give it some time. I read on the race site a notification email could come as late as tomorrow morning. I really hope you get in. Good luck!

LRB

$390

WTF?  You register three people or is that including airfare and hotel?

RSX

That is much more than Boston charges for BQ runners. I paid $325 as a non-BQ.

I'm still waiting to see a charge of $255.00. I've yet to se a charge or e-mail.

slowrunningjulie

Some marathons are cheap, some are not. I gotta assume that there are some expenses associated with shutting down the streets of NYC so that 45000 runners can use them. I personally am willing to pay for that experience.

Upcoming:

happylily

I can't remember how much they charge international runners, $325 maybe. Canadian $ stinks at the moment. Damn it...

happylily

BTW, I don't mind paying extra if it helps the residents of New York. Or those of Boston when I ran there and paid extra for it. I'm grateful for all they do for us. Volunteering, etc...

slowrunningjulie

I can't remember how much they charge international runners, $325 maybe. Canadian $ stinks at the moment. Damn it...

It is $ 216 US for US residents. Not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but as I said above, worth it in my opinion for the experience.

Upcoming:

Docket_Rocket

No, that's only the entry.

Julie, give it time.  Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Some marathons are cheap, some are not. I gotta assume that there are some expenses associated with shutting down the streets of NYC so that 45000 runners can use them. I personally am willing to pay for that experience.

I was not judging it just took me by surprise.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Yeah Rick, NYC is expensive. That's unlike Detroit where THEY pay you to run it.

- Andrew

delicate flower

Yeah Rick, NYC is expensive. That's unlike Detroit where THEY pay you to run it.

Oh snap.

<3