Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

Not a problem I've had.

Me either.  LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

I ran.  13.12 miles in 1:47:06.  I know it's December and all and it's supposed to be cold, and I am fine with that.  But ffs, can I get some damn sunshine at least??

This. I haven't seen the sun in over a week.

With that said, I was going to run at the gym again after work but just couldn't face it so I ran in the semi dark for 4 miles which is scary for me because I don't usually run in the dark as I can't see well at all. I packed it in after 4 miles, but outside is SO much better than the dreadmill.

Zelanie

I've been seriously thinking about getting a treadmill this winter just because there are so many cold and dark days where it's hard to drag myself outside.  Yesterday, for example, I decided to stay home and play Mario Kart instead of going running in the remnants of the windstorm.

Tonight I got home and it was dark already, and I was feeling kind of whiny about having to go out and run at all, but then I got out there and it was just one of those gorgeous still nights.  It was in the mid-40s, clear and so quiet that I could hear the river even though I couldn't really see it.  Nobody was in the park except for DH and the dogs. Smile  I ended up running 10 because my legs were super fresh from the days off.  I have had some really enjoyable treadmill runs, but nothing beats the feeling of a great run outside under the stars.