Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 26 times)

LRB

At the rate our weather is going, I wouldn't be surprised by hot or snow.

If Damaris shows up expect to burn the hell up. lol

Docket_Rocket

If Damaris shows up expect to burn the hell up. lol

Pretty much.  Indy was just a fluke.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bad news: I had my annual physical this morning, and had to fast for the bloodwork.

Worse news: I still did my usual morning run, and the appointment was not till 10AM.

Better news: At least coffee was allowed.

Best news: Afterwards I had an enormous veggie omelet with avocado on top and a side of pancakes.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.5 miles.

The radio weather guy said he is watching for something that could develop snow wise March 3-10.

Docket_Rocket

3.5 miles.

The radio weather guy said he is watching for something that could develop snow wise March 3-10.

Then it is likely that we are not going then.  LOL.  I'll see how next week goes.  Last time I ran a HM post surgery, I had 7 miles as my LR.  I'm doing 6 this week, 8 the next.  If it starts turning warmer, I'm for sure coming.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Bad news: I had my annual physical this morning, and had to fast for the bloodwork.

Worse news: I still did my usual morning run, and the appointment was not till 10AM.

Better news: At least coffee was allowed.

Best news: Afterwards I had an enormous veggie omelet with avocado on top and a side of pancakes.

I made the mistake of working out while fasting for blood work once. The results showed heart trauma. Dumbest shit I ever did. 

I made the mistake of working out while fasting for blood work once. The results showed heart trauma. Dumbest shit I ever did. 

I'd think for most runners, the result would show brain trauma. 

Dave

LRB

I'd think for most runners, the result would show brain trauma. 

That was in the days of yore (before running) or who knows what foolishness I would've tried. lol

That was in the days of yore (before running) or who knows what foolishness I would've tried. lol

Back in the days when I used to run in the evenings, one day after work we went out & I had about 3 pints, then I still did my run. That didn't feel so good.

Dave

LRB

Back in the days when I used to run in the evenings, one day after work we went out & I had about 3 pints, then I still did my run. That didn't feel so good.

I ate an edible once and ran the next morning. I think my pace was like 17 mm. lol That was awful.

I ate an edible once and ran the next morning. I think my pace was like 17 mm. lol That was awful.

I lol'd.

Dave

No more marathons

Has it been a year already?

Got Get to pay to get rid of the ads.

Best 10 bucks ever.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Cyberic

I bought a Fenix 3 HR. That thing has got more features and settings than anyone would ever want. Looks good though, huge battery autonomy too.

It records about 1% shorter than my 620. My 620 was pretty much spot on, so I'm downgrading in that aspect. I'm not decided if it's a big deal yet. I mean I like the watch. Guess I'm gonna have to live with the fact that it measures a bit short.