Beginners and Beyond

Boom, Boom, Boom FriDAILIES! (Read 35 times)

LRB

LRB, that's why she calls me her little curser.  I am sure not smiling when I am doing that.  Some days I cannot even keep it like that for a long period of time (it's hard especially after an MLR).

you do not have to tell me, I am going through the same crap on Mondays!

happylily

I know I need to lose weight as someone I had lunch with said I look great and on the right weight.  They don't understand runners. 

I don't get that. What were they supposed to say that would have made you happy?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I don't get that. What were they supposed to say that would have made you happy?

Nothing.  These people think I was too skinny before.  For example, my husband gained 30lbs in the last few years and now they tell him he looks the right way.  They just think anything below a size 6 is underweight. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Oh I get it... You wanted them to say that you look too skinny. Right? 

I'm slow.

Docket_Rocket

Oh I get it... You wanted them to say that you look too skinny. Right? 

I'm slow.

Exactly!!!!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

You're lucky you get nice comments. All I get are things like: you look tired today. 

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.5 for me this am.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

I have gotten those, even in court WITH MAKEUP ON.  Usually after a few weeks of insomnia. 

However, ever since surgery, everybody tells me I look happy.  Initially, people asked me where did I go on vacation.  Apparently, surgery to take care of shit that hurt for 7 years helped.  Figures.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

happylily

I have gotten those, even in court WITH MAKEUP ON.  Usually after a few weeks of insomnia. 

However, ever since surgery, everybody tells me I look happy.  Initially, people asked me where did I go on vacation.  Apparently, surgery to take care of shit that hurt for 7 years helped.  Figures.

Pain does show on the face and over time, our facial features are molded on it. I'm so glad that you are free from it, now.

I sent my SO to the grocery store with this list:

2 cans of whole tomatoes

2 lbs of meat

2 cans of red beans

celeri

milk

pandora mix

one box of tishcouc

waffles

maple syrup

He called me 5 minutes ago and said: What is pandora mix and tishcouc? I asked around and no one knows..." Then I laughed hard. I have time to waste, it seems. And apparently he doesn't. 

You Rang?

Greetings all:

Anaheim Hills Firecracker 10k done.  57:44.  Shiny new PR on a very hilly course.  Full report to follow.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Docket_Rocket

Greetings all:

Anaheim Hills Firecracker 10k done.  57:44.  Shiny new PR on a very hilly course.  Full report to follow.

Nice job!

Lily, I was about to ask what that was. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Pain does show on the face and over time, our facial features are molded on it. I'm so glad that you are free from it, now.

I sent my SO to the grocery store with this list:

2 cans of whole tomatoes

2 lbs of meat

2 cans of red beans

celeri

milk

pandora mix

one box of tishcouc

waffles

maple syrup

He called me 5 minutes ago and said: What is pandora mix and tishcouc? I asked around and no one knows..." Then I laughed hard. I have time to waste, it seems. And apparently he doesn't. 

You make me smile

Marjorie

Mmmmm...beer

8.2 miles done, the leftover wind from the hurricane felt great!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

lol

Docket_Rocket

Only a few times do I miss the place I was born.  Looking at these (which I consider among the prettiest in the world) made me homesick.  But just for a short visit.

Damaris

Fundraising Page