Beginners and Beyond

Boston explosions (Read 319 times)

Dad on the run.

I don't know about all of you, but I feel so mad and sad about the events that occurred yesterday. I was glued to the Internet and this forum making sure everyone was OK. I have an idea, I see the run for jenny bracelets how about we order bracelets that says "run for boston" and wear them everyone time we go for a run and post them on every social media sit we can. Let the people know that we are running for them, the city and to show that we will not hide in a corner!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Mmmmm...beer

I don't know about all of you, but I feel so mad and sad about the events that occurred yesterday. I was glued to the Internet and this forum making sure everyone was OK. I have an idea, I see the run for jenny bracelets how about we order bracelets that says "run for boston" and wear them everyone time we go for a run and post them on every social media sit we can. Let the people know that we are running for them, the city and to show that we will not hide in a corner!

I like it.  They could be blue, or blue and yellow.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Dad on the run.

We wear them until they hold the Boston again next year.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Hip Redux

That's a great idea.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I'd wear one. I still wear my Jenny bracelet every day. Might as well add to it. Smile

I am in. should the money go to a recovery charity or victim families?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Dad on the run.

Min order is 50. So it comes out to 60 bucks they are blue with yellow ink injected lettering. Run for boston on one side and 4/15/2013 on the other.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

I'd be in on a bracelet.  And if the race photos ever get published, I think Jenny would be proud Wink

Count me in, too.

Min order is 50. So it comes out to 60 bucks they are blue with yellow ink injected lettering. Run for boston on one side and 4/15/2013 on the other.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for letting us know.  I saw some posts from you this morning in FB, but didn't see anything from you yesterday (my news feed was exploding, though).  Glad to hear you and your friends are fine.

I am fine.  I know one person who was mildly injured and sent to the hospital but they are fine.

All of the runners I know are fine.

One of my Girls on the Run girls was at the finish and had to run from there with her Mom.

I ran the 5K Sunday and will sign up for the 10K as well.  I have another half already scheduled for the same weekend as the BAA half.

I am still reeling.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

jjblack, let me know!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

A great blog post that just came up on my FB feed:

http://mungerruns.blogspot.com/2013/04/in-praise-of-boston.html

Docket_Rocket

I saw the post on the Jenny group.  Hoping to receive one so I can show my support.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

I'd be in on a bracelet.  And if the race photos ever get published, I think Jenny would be proud Wink

Don't forget to look for yourself on the Jim Rhoades site:

http://jimrhoades.com/13/boston/

This. I'm signing up for a Full today.

I've already registered for Jerusalem 2014.