Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES - You Say YOLO? (Read 274 times)

happylily

Lori, happy birthday to your DD and have fun at yoga class! I bet the whole family will share lots of laugh there. :-)

Kristin, I meant to thank you the other day for sharing your incredible story about the ice storm. It was fascinating!

Hard hard day at work today... The baby doesn't know if he's tired or not and all he does is cry... Sad I'm exhausted... Some recovery miles tonight. I managed 12 yesterday, with hills. I'm more tired than I've ever been and I should be tapering. :-(

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  Even though I felt badly about missing my paces yesterday, I ended up having a great run today.  9.57 miles total, with 8x2min fartleks between 6:00-6:20 pace.  I broke the 8x2 up into 2 segments, and did 4 between miles 3 and 4.5, and then another 4 between miles 6 and 7.5.  That gave me about 1:30 recovery between the intervals.

I'm definitely thinking tomorrow will be a recovery run day, and I may even try to keep the pace around 9:00.  I've had a few hard runs in a row, and Saturday I guess I'm doing a 5 mile race with the running club.  I think I'll run 5 miles before the race, do the race, and then run 5 after to get my workout in for the day.  I probably won't race all-out, more like 85-90%.  I wasn't going to participate, but I guess 1) it's free, and 2) it's a big inter-running club challenge and it'll be nice to support our local store.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Zelanie...Good luck with the 5.5 later.  Are those cookies with Rolo's in them?  Sounds kinda awesome.

Nevrgivup...It seems like a lot of people have garage TMs.  I wonder if the scenery is better there than the basement?  It'd be really fun to roll it out in the middle of the drive to run on just to make the neighbors think you're really nuts.  Good job on the 5.

Docket...Mini-vacation?  Awesome!  Are you going to mouse land early, or just relaxing at home first?

AmiK...How exciting!  Good job with the easy run, and I'm sure that pain will be totally gone by race time.  Good luck.

Beth...Hi again, lol.

Kay...Sorry to hear about the disaster.  It's funny how being motivated can get you in trouble sometimes.

Baboon...I've been meaning to ask...were you doing something daring and death-defying when the ski injury took place?

Bertha...She's as old as you are?  You women and your ability not to age lol.  Yoga sounds like it could be highly entertaining - please report back.

Basya...Eh, sorry about the headache.  Hope you can get everything in later.

Irish..Have a good 3-spot.

Tom...Good job on the run and doing it in negative fashion.

Lily...Wow, work sound tough!  I hope you get some rest and can feel a little more refreshed.  When is your next race?  I'm going to try a shorter taper for my race and can already hear myself saying just about the same thing you are.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

We're driving to Orlando tomorrow (before they close the expo or I cannot run the Goofy!), then, HM on Saturday, lots of walking at a mall afterwards, followed by a marathon on Sunday with lots of yells from my husband to "I've been waiting forever, where were you?"  Fun times, LOL.

I'll be so exhausted come Monday, I might need a vacation to recover.

Zelanie...Good luck with the 5.5 later.  Are those cookies with Rolo's in them?  Sounds kinda awesome.

Nevrgivup...It seems like a lot of people have garage TMs.  I wonder if the scenery is better there than the basement?  It'd be really fun to roll it out in the middle of the drive to run on just to make the neighbors think you're really nuts.  Good job on the 5.

Docket...Mini-vacation?  Awesome!  Are you going to mouse land early, or just relaxing at home first?

AmiK...How exciting!  Good job with the easy run, and I'm sure that pain will be totally gone by race time.  Good luck.

Beth...Hi again, lol.

Kay...Sorry to hear about the disaster.  It's funny how being motivated can get you in trouble sometimes.

Baboon...I've been meaning to ask...were you doing something daring and death-defying when the ski injury took place?

Bertha...She's as old as you are?  You women and your ability not to age lol.  Yoga sounds like it could be highly entertaining - please report back.

Basya...Eh, sorry about the headache.  Hope you can get everything in later.

Irish..Have a good 3-spot.

Tom...Good job on the run and doing it in negative fashion.

Lily...Wow, work sound tough!  I hope you get some rest and can feel a little more refreshed.  When is your next race?  I'm going to try a shorter taper for my race and can already hear myself saying just about the same thing you are.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And I'm finally at the office, sleepy, tired, and throat is coughing.  I blame taper madness, whatever that is which I DON'T HAVE.Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi guys!

I ran 4 with my sister yesterday morning.  Took today as a rest day, I'll do my hip exercises this evening.  Hoping to do another 4 tomorrow morning.

Lily,  you're very welcome, it was fun to reminisce!  : )  Someone posted a photo from the ice storm on facebook yesterday and I would have liked to have posted it here, but I couldn't figure out how.  It was really amazing!  And I can't imagine having been giving birth in those conditions!!  That is quite a story.

Have a nice evening, everyone!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Have an easy 3 today after I make it home (car's in the shop so I will likely have to walk it back).  My 6 mile pace went well last night.  I only missed by target pace by about 10 seconds, so I was pretty happy with that.

Lily- I hope you get some rest!

So_Im_a_runner- I'm glad your run went better today!

Docket_rocket- good luck with your races this weekend!  Sounds like it will be a blast.

Kristin- I hope you enjoy your rest day.

Four miles on the TM at lunch.

You can call me Anna

Docket_Rocket

Thanks!

I'm officially on vacation.  For one day, but still....

Have an easy 3 today after I make it home (car's in the shop so I will likely have to walk it back).  My 6 mile pace went well last night.  I only missed by target pace by about 10 seconds, so I was pretty happy with that.

Lily- I hope you get some rest!

So_Im_a_runner- I'm glad your run went better today!

Docket_rocket- good luck with your races this weekend!  Sounds like it will be a blast.

Kristin- I hope you enjoy your rest day.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

irishguy, enjoy the run.

Damaris, I'm glad the four miles felt good.

Tom, another great run and a great pace. I hope to approach a 9:00 pace this year.

Lily, you blow my mind. A twelve-mile recovery run? You're a machine.

rkymtnanna, great job working a run into your busy day.

So_Im_a_Runner, what a fun run!

Kristin79, I hope that you're enjoying your rest day.

I'm on my way to the gym for weights, cardio, and push-ups. I'll do my ab work at home later tonight.

Note to self: I must buy a new pair of running shoes, a new pair of socks, and an Exerskirt before I leave for Israel.

Luke79

3.29 miles @ 8:53.  I'm planning on a LR tomorrow on the trails, should be nice and muddy Smile

Ghettopops

8 miles ran. Peace

Luke, sweet. Enjoy the trails tomorrow.

Ghettopops, nice distance.

Weights, forty-five minutes on the ArcTrainer, and push-ups are done. I'm waiting for the T, so I can go home for ab work and dinner.

runmomto3boys

8 recovery miles at 9:26 pace done.

Just B.S.

Just had to share this...hubby and I went to our coached swim tonight! This is only our 3rd time and a coach we had

never met before and we chatted a bit before the session. Told him I haven't really "swam" in about 30 years. You

know, nothing focused just lots of fooling around with the kids and practicing a bit for the tri I did in 2011. Halfway

thru  the drills he asked if I used to swim competitively. That was a nice boost to my  swimming confidence.Smile

Was supposed to get in a run earlier but the winds were gusting to 40mp/hr. It's 10:30 and I'm heading to the

treadmill for 3 or 4 miles or as much as i can stand.

Nite all!