Beginners and Beyond

Cloudy SunDailies (Read 21 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Nice running weather this morning for an easy run.  I ran 6½.  My wife drove my 14-year-old son to a place in the park roughly halfway through my run and he ran the last 5k with me.  When he first started joining me for 5k runs, late in the winter, he needed me to talk to him for the last mile or so, to keep his mind off how tired he felt.  Today he talked the whole time.  He's come a long way.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

Docket_Rocket

Less hot than yesterday but still not good for running so 10 on the TM coming up and a bike ride later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

12.8/73.1

After my Saturday workouts, my Sunday runs, even though they're run at an easy pace, turn out to be leg endurance runs when run on the mountain like today. All good. Leg endurance is quite useful in the last miles of a marathon.

10.25, two loops of accotink with 2 added to the end…. Nice temp and not overly humid

and will do 30min pool mix later this afternoon

8 muggy, drizzly miles, still feeling pretty sluggish. 
            24.6 for the week.

Dave

sdWhiskers

6 hilly miles, 50 for the week

Now I will spend the hottest part of the day sitting on a baseball field (kid, not Padres).

Docket_Rocket

10 TM miles done.

42.3 for the week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

YO.  I went for a rather difficult three hour mountain bike ride, then ran 3.5 easy miles when I got home.  I'm pretty tired now.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles. 25.5 for the week.  DH just asked if I had an old pair of shoes he could take over to MIL because her feet have been swelling. Just 1 pair? Lol. I can give him a choice of almost any color.....

Cyberic

6 miles. 25.5 for the week.  DH just asked if I had an old pair of shoes he could take over to MIL because her feet have been swelling. Just 1 pair? Lol. I can give him a choice of almost any color.....

Lol ! Yeah! I don't have that many left. Every once in a while I give all my old shoes that still look ok to a shelter. At first I felt a bit weird giving shoes that have 600, 800 and sometimes 1000 miles, but the guy was really happy and told me the shoes would get another 1000 miles! Now I'm happy to give them away.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Lol ! Yeah! I don't have that many left. Every once in a while I give all my old shoes that still look ok to a shelter. At first I felt a bit weird giving shoes that have 600, 800 and sometimes 1000 miles, but the guy was really happy and told me the shoes would get another 1000 miles! Now I'm happy to give them away.

The LRS will take them, I just haven't been there in person for over a year....

GinnyinPA

7 miles this afternoon. 40.4 for the week.