Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins are Melting (Read 11 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I did 10 of my planned 15 miles.  I was just too hot/lethargic to keep going - I should have brought additional nuun tablets but I forgot to pack them in my little runny fanny pack thing.  I didn't get out there until around 6 and it was muggy and gross.  I wound up taking the subway back early.  I may try to do the last 5 on the TM tonight or I might give another shot at 15 on Monday.  To be determined.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 10 with 6 at MP tonight.

Jill, sorry about your run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Jill, that sucks.

I ran 7 with 5 at MP last night. Feels good to get back into things!

Ginny, our TM is in the garage, and Mia is used to springing into action every time that she hears the garage door open.  One day I was on the TM and DH got home and opened the garage door to come in.  Mia sprang into action, as usual, but tried to run over the TM (which was on) to get to the garage door.  I'm guessing that's her usual path.  Instead, she got a bit of a surprise!  She steered clear of the TM for a while after that!

GinnyinPA

Jill - sorry about the miserable run.  I would try again on Sunday or Monday when it's cooler. I wouldn't want to do 2 1/2-3 hours in this crap either.

Damaris - sorry you had such a waste of time with your 'team building' workshop.  Will there be any repercussions for the two who didn't show up at the 'mandatory training'?   Enjoy your 10 tonight.

Z - nice work on the MP run.

I'll probably take today as a rest/yoga day. My legs are pretty stiff from yesterday's run, and I'm still trying to ease back into my regular schedule. Five days a week is good for now..

Docket_Rocket

Jill - sorry about the miserable run.  I would try again on Sunday or Monday when it's cooler. I wouldn't want to do 2 1/2-3 hours in this crap either.

Damaris - sorry you had such a waste of time with your 'team building' workshop.  Will there be any repercussions for the two who didn't show up at the 'mandatory training'?   Enjoy your 10 tonight.

Z - nice work on the MP run.

I'll probably take today as a rest/yoga day. My legs are pretty stiff from yesterday's run, and I'm still trying to ease back into my regular schedule. Five days a week is good for now..

No, which is one of the issues we have.  They create the toxic environment by (insert everything you can think of here) but yet they sued us for creating a toxic environment.  So, higher ups are afraid of the consequences.  Yet, we are the ones that need to live with the day to day screams, slams, insults, demeaning behavior, etc.  Yay us.

Enjoy your rest day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

No, which is one of the issues we have.  They create the toxic environment by (insert everything you can think of here) but yet they sued us for creating a toxic environment.  So, higher ups are afraid of the consequences.  Yet, we are the ones that need to live with the day to day screams, slams, insults, demeaning behavior, etc.  Yay us.

Enjoy your rest day.

That's terrible :-(

Would you ever want to change jobs just to avoid the situation?

Docket_Rocket

That's terrible :-(

Would you ever want to change jobs just to avoid the situation?

Probably not.  Private practice is usually like that.  I do want to move to another office, though.  I feel bad for the staff who are my friends as much as my coworkers, if I leave them behind but unless she is fired or dies, we are stuck with her forever (cause no one would hire her in private practice because everybody knows how stupid and crazy she is).

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Probably not.  Private practice is usually like that.  I do want to move to another office, though.  I feel bad for the staff who are my friends as much as my coworkers, if I leave them behind but unless she is fired or dies, we are stuck with her forever (cause no one would hire her in private practice because everybody knows how stupid and crazy she is).

Does she have the government job version of tenure?  Is she somehow unable to be fired?

Docket_Rocket

Does she have the government job version of tenure?  Is she somehow unable to be fired?

Federal Government is sort of like tenure. I think you would have to kill someone to be fired.  They could offer her another place for her (office) that they know she won't accept and close her position and ooops, bye.

I did tell the staff I would buy lunch for all 20 of us WHEN she is gone.  I still hope.

Damaris

Fundraising Page