Beginners and Beyond

Weave Alert WednesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

delicate flower

CIM pictures are up.  I'm still debating whether to spend the obscene amounts they want for these things, but for those of you who expressed an interest, the proofs can be viewed at http://www.sportphoto.com/Default.aspx?Action=Home -- type in 1983 bib number.  For some reason a lot of pictures of other random people show up in my set.

Nice pics, OOTB!  $65 for the full set of digital pics?  Meh, I paid more for my Philly pics.  I wouldn't shell out the cash for a 5K or something, but for a big event whose ass I kicked?  Why not.  Bonus that you get about six shots of some old dude in a red shirt, too.

<3

delicate flower

And look, I am not a very well polished or experienced interviewer, being a hiring manager and all.  It's not something I enjoy doing.  And when I interview someone who has a background in interviewing people, well that just puts me in all sorts of discomfort and self-consciousness.  She was a good candidate tho'.

<3

LRB

"We are men (manly men!), we're men in tights! (TIGHT tights!)"

My thinner pair are tighter tights. 

LRB

I've never thought of that -- I'm mainly thinking about getting across as fast as I can.   My very first marathon I finished with a 5:00:01, after taking the time in the chute to slow down, weave over, and say hi to my family.   So, now I'm of the 'every second counts"  school of thinking.

It seems like in every photo I'm surrounded by relay runners (the yellow bibs), which is another feature of this race.  There you are slogging along at mile 20 and, bam, suddenly there are all these fresh-as-daisy relay runners bouncing along.

The last pictures in the group, was taken, I would guess around mile 23.  There I am pretty deep in misery, and right next to me is a relay runner in the yellow tank top smiling and looking happy as clam.

Not that I was judging or anything, but I briefly wondered how that one runner beat you across the finish before deducing something to that effect. lol

LRB

I remember the first time I heard of someone running with a headlamp, I thought that was the most ridiculous thing in the whole world.

Ditto men in split shorts, of which now I am one. 

What can I say, them shits are just awesome yo.

Docket_Rocket

Back home now. I think everybody got or was on its way to wasted.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I just ran 5 tonight.

B-Plus

URD. Will run on my upcoming SRD instead.