Beginners and Beyond

The Christmas Dailies (Read 50 times)

Hello, Christmas dailies:

D - have a good run later, send some of that warm air this way please.

Rick - Be safe in that whiteout, and send it north into Canada please, it's not welcome downwind here.

B+ - J to the C was likely born in the spring, today is pagan-everlasting-life-symbolizing-pine-tree-day Wink

Sparker - heat wave

Free - enjoy the day

Baboon - careful on that million dollar knee!

Oski - good luck, I'm about to drive down to the parents' house, food when I get there

Lily - enjoy the feast at BIL's place

DaveP - congrats on the coffee score, have fun

SusanRachel - thank you for your service

Redrum - Merry SRD.

Kristin - hope your bro gets better, and you can get off the URD train soon Sad

Step - family is worth the lack of sleep!

Ric-G - I gave someone a bag of coal. 

Marjorie - if it was not a Feels Like -1, you are doing well.

7.6 cold but calm miles with even a little blacktop peeking through the snow in places.  Maybe some more later, and then short days at work for the remainder of the week to make up for the holiday madness = running in daylight.  Woot!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Merry Christmas, Dailies!

i hope everyone's having a great day.

I'm looking forward to a nice, home-made turkey dinner this afternoon with family and friends.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Robert31320

Team TJ

Merry Christmas Dailies.  Plan was to run today but other events may cause that to not happen.  Oh well, I'll get it done tomorrow.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Got 5 done @ 10:26 pace in my new running pants and LS Shirt from my DW. Run felt good, now off to my parents to cut the prime rib for lunch.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Brother is still sick in bed Sad so no Christmas for us yet Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Coming back from lunch, we saw a homeless guy had been hit by a car while crossing the street (I am almost hit here on a daily basis so I am not surprised).  We stopped to see if they needed help, but there were at least 3 people calling 911 and the emergency services arrived while we were there so we left.  Hope he is OK.  Looks like he was not hit at high speed but his cart was all over him (and I assume he will lose his cart while in the hospital).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Brother is still sick in bed Sad so no Christmas for us yet Sad

Hope he feels better soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Yugo8

I did not check in yesterday because I was on the road for 13 hours (didn't even run!), but: hello!

Today, 15 miles in the most wonderfully cold and snowy climate.  Whoo-hoo!  Merry Christmas to those of us who celebrate it!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Happy Christmas, Dailies.  Six miles done, 8:50 pace. The roads were nice and quiet. Smile

LRB

What up doe!

I have been out, and now I am in to stay!  I did not cook anything so I decided on Chinese, which is about the only thing open around these parts.  I had something here I could make but just preferred to be lazy, so that is what I did.

DD # 1 bought me the Immortals DVD, which may have been the best gift of them all because I really, really liked that movie!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ick, I've tried..... DH hates the smell of that kind of breath. 

Rocky and I eventually got our run in early this afternoon. 7 miles in 1:02:05, fastest 7 miles I've ran yet though I did stop 3 times to take a breather...... blah oh well.

Oh just drink it black, like God intended it. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

It just seems weird getting ready for work in the morning.  I probably should have taken the day off, but then that would have seemed weird too. 

Docket_Rocket

11 miles done. Easiest MLR in a while.  Plus it was my second fastest 11 miler ever, last time was 2010, pre asthma.  I love breaking those records.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Awesome D!

I am actually very proud of my splits during this run, the effort actually had me stopping 3 or 4 times during this progression run.

Laps/splits:
                              Mile 1 - 9:56

Mile 2 - 9:49

Mile 3 - 9:29

Mile 4 - 8:48

Mile 5 - 8:33

Mile 6 - 7:56

Mile 7 - 7:35

That last mile is the fastest mile I've ran yet, and hopefully I will see more of those Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

B-Plus

Is there anything noteworthy on your schedule in the near future, or you just running just 'cuz?

Im really behind in my base so that's my priority. Hopefully I can get up to 60 mpw fairly quickly then train for a late spring 10k. I do have this little race in Germany in the calendar for the fall. Maybe I'll just keep getting fatter and quit running altogether. It's so bad for the knees ...