Beginners and Beyond

Need Some Advice on my Recovery Plan for Race #1 (Read 34 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

True Step, I normally avoid NSAIDs like the plague but the reason I am contemplating it is to basically ignore any soreness or pain during the 2nd race. I rarely if ever take NSAIDs anymore for those reasons but this is a rare weekend and I just want to cross that finish line and get the horseshoe finisher's medal  stupid I know. But like you said, if I am not really feeling sore or anything I won't take them, I'll just make sure to foam roll and maybe stretch before the race.

Thank D, I've been having some doubts about my base due to January and February not being good months this year for me, but the last couple of weekends I've ran 5-6 miles on Saturday, then 10 miles Sunday trying to do my longest run on somewhat tired legs. This morning I didn't feel sore at all after the 10 miler and that included hills so I think that is a good sign Smile

Yes, LRB I will be ESU throughout the day. I am going to make some steel cut oats with some blueberries, my own spaghetti and my protein brownies to take a long with me this time. I hate depending on other places, plus Louisville doesn't have everything just a block away from each other 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)