Beginners and Beyond

Soupy Sundailies (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Either way, you will be a pumpkin running the BOSTON MARATHON!

Pumpkins roll right?  Maybe he can roll to the finish? 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

Good luck Dave and Baboon!!!!!

LRB

It's all downhill (LITERALLY!) after about mile 21 or thereabouts so yes. 👍

LRB

Either way, you will be a pumpkin running the BOSTON MARATHON!

Truth. The prize was qualifying and being accepted. Everything that follows is gravy.

I take back what I said about how well organized things were here. Took the T to the pre-race pasta dinner. There was literally the longest line I’ve ever seen for anything in my life. It went for blocks and blocks and blocks. I can’t even adequately describe it. Fortunately the Quincy Market is right next door, and there’s plenty to eat there. But I’m glad I didn’t pay $30 for a guest to eat there.

MTA: chicken parm calzone and tiramisu.

Dave

RunningOnSand

LOL Big grin

LRB

Big shout out to the lawnmower mom who recommended The Prisoner. I actually tried it last year and it was awful. lol I bought another bottle though and gave it a good two hour decant and now I'm higher than a plane.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

There are!  There is a 50/100 miler in Key west in May!  WTF. Every year they talk about the heat indexes in the 90-100s. Maybe if they move it to February they wouldn’t?  My 50K was in Jupiter, an hour North of me and 88F was the high that day. FTS. Next ultra I’ll plan an out of state one.

The weather wasn't too bad at my 50K in St. Petersburg.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

The weather wasn't too bad at my 50K in St. Petersburg.

That's cause it's in middle or north FL, a whole 10-20F away from South Florida.  You know, where it starts getting some nice weather, which we lack.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page