Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Are Going to The Cats (Read 64 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Morning peeps! It's super duper chilly out there today. Normally I would go to the LRS for their group run but it's just too damn cold. So the TM it is tonight, plus some core workout. Enjoy your day everyone!

Tom, have a nice nap. Enjoy your run.

Just B.S., reading about your soak in the hot tub made me a little envious. I hope that the swim and soak feel wonderful. Have a great TM run later.

Kay, enjoy whatever you do.

Gustav, I hope that your rest day goes well.

Heidi, have a great thirteen-miler.

Damaris, enjoy your recovery run.

Scott, have a great time lifting and doing cardio.

flarunner, what a wonderful run in just about perfect weather!

Baboon, I hope that the surgery will be successful and that you have a complete and speedy recovery.

Robert, great job doing the 4.2 before work.

lilac_jive, have fun doing your core exercises and your TM run.

I did abs and push-ups. I lingered in the shower, giving myself a thorough scrubbing. I focused on my hands ad feet, buffing any rough skin and trimming my cuticles. After applying my lotion post-shower, I feel super smooth and relaxed.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning B&B! I got in a progressive 5.2 miler to get out of cold quick this morning. Not as bad as yesterday with little to no wind. Stay warm people.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Mostly harmless

Hey there.  I'm going to try this dailies thing again.

I ran 11 yesterday in the coldest temps my area has seen for a while.  It was in the low 20's which I know a lot of folks here will laugh at but we've had mild weather for a long time so it was quite a shock to the system. Strong winds helped to make it even MORE fun!

SRD for me.

LRB - I assume that is a picture you posted.  Most likely hosted at Photobucket, which is a site that my employer has deemed evil and blocks from our network. Sad

hog4life - Enjoy your rest day.

BasyaSpiliakos - Good job on the core work. I have yet been able to get myself to that on a regular basis.  I hope the 7 later is good.

RunTomRun - I don't know how you night shift folks manage.  Have a good run when you wake up.

Beth - Hi!

Kay - Love the pic (employer hasn't blocked whatever site that one is on).  Enjoy your workout.

Gustav - Happy RD.

RNT3B - We miss you over in the other thread.  Enjoy the 13! LR this weekend?

Damaris - Have a nice recovery run. :-)

Sparker - Enjoy the gym time and the elliptical.

flarunner - I laughed at your "feels like" comment.  I'm ready for 50 degrees here!

Baboon - I read your "woe is knee" thread.  Injuries suck but it seems like you've got a good attitude about it.

Robert - Good work getting your miles in early.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

runmomto3boys

Scott: Man - it's  hard to keep up w/all the reporting threads!  I'm trying, I'm trying Big grin

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

After work, I am going to pick up my packet for my 5K I have on Saturday..and then I am going to go do a few miles in the sunny skies and SEVENTY-FIVE degree weather we are going to have today, with a dew point below 50, so very low humidity, etc., SWEEEET! Will probably run at Fort Sam Houston and do my "Dog Alley Route" to treat my 4-legged pals along that way.

Enjoy the rest day, Mitch.

Nice photos, Rick.  I can relate, lol.....we have 4 cats.

Enjoy your workout, Basya...and your shower time...

Good luck with the miles, Tom!

Just B.S., you need one of those garbage-chute things like hotels and apartments have, so you don't have to open the door.  Enjoy your pool/hot tub time and good luck with your miles tonite.

ANY coffee is awful, Kay! Joking   Have a good workout, whichever one you decide to do.

Happy rest day, Gustav.

Dang, RM23B, you are a running machine!  You must have really high monthly mileage.  Good luck with your 13!

Don't you run after work, Damaris?  Seems like you could just take all the time you wanted. So just curious how do you 'run out of time' for doing your long run?   Appointment pending?   Got too dark?  Well, sorry you ran out of time, but congrats on your 10 miles.

Happy workout Sparker!

Same weather for us here this morning, flarunner.  Nice, isn't it?  Congrats on your miles.

Good luck with the upcoming surgery, Baboon.  At least now you know and can make plans accordingly for the comeback, etc.

Way to go with your miles, Robert?  Is there such a thing as a fun-day at work? I mean, even if it's an office party, it's still at work! Joking  I'm looking forward to the time when I don't have to go to work anymore...which, in this economy, will probably be never, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mmmmm...beer

Still waiting for my face to thaw, the coffee is helping tho!  Not nearly as cold as Beth, but it's pretty cold for these parts, and I love it!  8 miles @ 7:34/mile done.  Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Nope.  I ran out of time to COOK dinner.  Responsibilities, sigh.

After work, I am going to pick up my packet for my 5K I have on Saturday..and then I am going to go do a few miles in the sunny skies and SEVENTY-FIVE degree weather we are going to have today, with a dew point below 50, so very low humidity, etc., SWEEEET! Will probably run at Fort Sam Houston and do my "Dog Alley Route" to treat my 4-legged pals along that way.

Enjoy the rest day, Mitch.

Nice photos, Rick.  I can relate, lol.....we have 4 cats.

Enjoy your workout, Basya...and your shower time...

Good luck with the miles, Tom!

Just B.S., you need one of those garbage-chute things like hotels and apartments have, so you don't have to open the door.  Enjoy your pool/hot tub time and good luck with your miles tonite.

ANY coffee is awful, Kay! Joking   Have a good workout, whichever one you decide to do.

Happy rest day, Gustav.

Dang, RM23B, you are a running machine!  You must have really high monthly mileage.  Good luck with your 13!

Don't you run after work, Damaris?  Seems like you could just take all the time you wanted. So just curious how do you 'run out of time' for doing your long run?   Appointment pending?   Got too dark?  Well, sorry you ran out of time, but congrats on your 10 miles.

Happy workout Sparker!

Same weather for us here this morning, flarunner.  Nice, isn't it?  Congrats on your miles.

Good luck with the upcoming surgery, Baboon.  At least now you know and can make plans accordingly for the comeback, etc.

Way to go with your miles, Robert?  Is there such a thing as a fun-day at work? I mean, even if it's an office party, it's still at work! Joking  I'm looking forward to the time when I don't have to go to work anymore...which, in this economy, will probably be never, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

That's so no fair Scotty. It's not even 75 in our building Sad

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry, lilac, it's too cold for your group run....y'all can't just run in a huddle together  to help each other stay warm? Wink  Happy TM miles and core workout.

Way to go on your miles, jedi.

It was in the low 20's which I know a lot of folks here will laugh at.   I'm not laughing, INS, that is DANG cold for a South Texas cold-weather-wimp like me!  I can't imagine doing 1 mile in that, let alone 11!  And strong wind too?  Way to get out there in that stuff!

BTW, Rach on the Penguins thread, is in the Air Force and stationed in Alaska.  She told us this morning her temp there was NEGATIVE 31 degrees! Shocked

Docket_Rocket

People are wearing jackets here today and it's 67F.  We are having a cold front.  Lowest temp of the day?  65F.  Too bad marathon day has a high of 80F because there is nothing better than running a marathon in 80F, 100% humidity, and no shade, says no one ever!

That's so no fair Scotty. It's not even 75 in our building Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nope.  I ran out of time to COOK dinner.  Responsibilities, sigh.

Wait a minute, Damaris...you have no kids, right?  Just you and hubby, right?  He can't cook his own darn dinner?  What's up with that.  If Gail had plans to do something and I told her, "Okay, but make sure you're back to cook dinner...."   she would NOT be amused and I don't even wanna think about her pay-back later... Shocked  Wink     She'd tell me "suck it up, buttercup, you know where the frozen meals are in the freezer"...lol

Too bad marathon day has a high of 80F because there is nothing better than running a marathon in 80F, 100% humidity, and no shade

Well, Damaris, the solution is simple...quit running marathons!  Wink   Gee, I'm just full of all kinds of advice for you today, aren't I?  Joking  Well, I'm full of something anyway.....

Mmmmm...beer

People are wearing jackets here today and it's 67F.  We are having a cold front.  Lowest temp of the day?  65F.  Too bad marathon day has a high of 80F because there is nothing better than running a marathon in 80F, 100% humidity, and no shade, says no one ever!

I love going to San Diego for work and watching people bundle up when it's in the 50s/60s. lol  That's still t-shirt weather.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Pinktastic

Good Morning Dailies!!

I hope that y’all are staying warm and toasty today!

LRB – Love the pics!   Thanks for getting us off to a fantastic start today!!

Mitch – Enjoy your rest day!   And, thanks for the coffee!

Basya – How are you feeling this morning?  Did last night’s workout make you feel better?  I really hope so!!

Tom – Have a great run!   How much longer will you be on the night shift?

Beth – Holy cow!   That sounds mind-numbingly cold!!   Enjoy your swim and hot tub time!!

Kay – Good luck with whichever workout you choose to do today!

Gustav – Have a great day!

Heidi – Is 13 an MLR for you?    Enjoy the nice, slow run later!

Damaris – Nice job on your miles last night!   Have a great recovery run tonight!

Scott – Hope your gym time goes well after work!

Flarunner – Nice job on the early morning run!

Phil – Where’s the pic of your post-haircut ‘do?   And, yes, thank you, I will take 2 coffees today!

Robert – You are doing so well!   Nice run this morning!

Lilac – I’d skip the group run outside too if I had the kind of weather you’re having!  Have a great run on the TM later!

Jedi – Way to go getting in your progressive run outside this morning!

ImNotScott – Nice run yesterday!  And, I would consider the 20s to be cold as well.   Enjoy your SRD today!

Scotty – You are a 5K machine!!   Enjoy that beautiful weather later!

Dave – What a run this morning!   Hope you defrost quickly!

SRD for me.   I might try to swing by the LRS on my way home from work to get another set of heel cups.  I've got about 1100 miles on my current pair and they just don't seem to be cutting it lately.

Have a Pinktacular Wednesday, all!!   And, may your next run keep your motivated to reach for your dreams!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Here's a cat. He makes me laugh.

It's cold here today too: feels like 0F. Fun. I have 7 with hills on the plan tonight. I brought my gym bag in case I need to treadmill it, but if the windchill isn't terrible by 5pm I'm going to do it outside. I live in a hilly neighborhood where I have a big uphill and big downhill on a 1.5 mile loop that goes right past my house, so I can run that over and over again. Luckily I don't mind doing loops.