Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES : Caffeine Addicts Unite (Read 54 times)

LRB

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

LRB

Good morning! Thanks for starting today's thread, Rick!

In about an hour and a half, I'll head our for a run of anywhere from ten to fourteen miles. At some other point, I'll head to the gym for weights, push-ups, and abs.

Morning Rick, Basya, Dailies!

Basya - yes, it is scenic out here, I will post pics at some point

Disc golf this AM, LR this PM.  Runningwarehouse has DS-Trainers on clearance, with code FB15D they were just over $50 a pair.  Love it.

Mostly harmless

Good morning.  SRD for me after running 22 yesterday on the snow covered C&O Canal trail..

LRB - Coffee is just the thing.  Enjoying my 1st cup right now. There is no life before caffeine.

Enjoy your run BasyaSpiliakos!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Shirfan, have fun golfing and running. What a deal you've found!

ImNotScott, enjoy your well-earned SRD.

Rick, thanks for the coffee. It always gives me a boost before my LRs, tempo runs, and intervals.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! I'm having a lazy morning. 8-10 later. It's in the teens (AGAIN) but the high is a balmy 32 so I'm going to run early in the afternoon. I'm so over this weather.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning Dailies!

Yesterday I ran my 1 1/2 miles in feels like 11 temps. That puts my weekly mileage at 4.5 for the week - woohoo!

Don' t forget that next Saturday is Groundhog's Day!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Just B.S.

Morning Dailies!! Hubby and I were both tuckered out from our 3 hours in the pool yesterday that

we just got out of bed!!! 10 miles on the schedule for today.

But that's not the BIG news!! Big news is that we had our Ireland meeting today. We need 20 confirmed and

deposits paid by the end of the week. By the end of the meeting we were up to 16!!!!!!!!!! So it looks like the 10 days

/9 nights in Ireland with the marathon to celebrate hubby's 5oth  birthday are going to happen. And doing it all

with friends from home including my good friend I am travelling to the Disney Princess with and her hubby who

were also with us in Bermuda.

It will be my 7th marathon and hubby's 15th or 16th (I'm losing track of his!LOL)

We have an awesome itinerary with 4 different cities (Dublin/Belfast/Killkenny/Letterkenney), we are spending

a night in a castle/hotel, 10 different attractions including the Titanic Centre, Guiness, Bushmills, Trinity College,

a castle  and a tour bus to take us everywhere so we have no worries about transportation, navigation or

getting lost!!

So one month from today I will be in Florida for the Princess Half and 8 months from today we will be in Ireland

running a full!! And I have no idea where we will end up in between!!

Yes I am a tad excited!!!!!!!!!!

So Top of The Morning to all!! and have a great Sundaily!!

Weezer88

Caffeine is my drug of choice these days.

Just 4 miles on the TM this AM after yesterday's LR

I AM WEEZER.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning!

Just BS- That sounds amazing!!!!

I'm off to the gym. I've had 2 weeks off due to my knee hurting too much and then being sick, so I'm excited to be breaking a sweat again. Gonna wear my new shoes, break them in a little (ok they're staring at me from the box begging me to put them on, who can say no to pretty new shoes?)

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Just B.S. - that sounds like an awesome trip!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

@runjerseygirl

3 miles on the treadmill to kick off my half marathon training this morning.  My IT band hated every step, but I pushed through.  Stretching and rolling the rest of the day.

Now:

Do you even run?

StepbyStep-SH

Beth — That sounds incredible!

Shirfan — You've been nailing some nice paces lately. Nice score on the shoes.
                              LRB — Foo-foo coffee for me this morning - International Cafe Peppermint Mocha - basically glorified hot chocolate, but it's easier when I only want one cup.
                              Basya - Have a good run and workout.
                              Gustav — The numbers are moving back up!
                              ImNotScott — 22 miles on snow definitely deserves a RD.
                              April — Enjoy the weather.
                              Kristin - Have a good workout.
                              Weezer — Nice recovery run.
                              Kay — Take care of that ITB.

I have 12+ miles on tap today, with the last 4 as a progression from MP+20 to MP. I will do it on the TM, as we are supposed to start getting snow and/or freezing rain this morning.

Last night's run started out great, but ended frustrating. I run in a somewhat rural subdivision (1-5 acre lots, trees, back in a valley) near our home, and normally feel very safe. But last night, as I was leaving the subdivision, a car had passed me, then stopped about a 1/4 mile farther down the road and just sat there. A few other cars passed going the other direction, but it was odd how this car just sat there in a spot between driveways that couldn't be seen from any house. They could have turned 100 yards earlier and driven into an undeveloped area with roads, but no houses, if they wanted a quiet spot, or could have driven 100 yards further and pulled into the driveway of church if just taking a phone call.

Since it seemed odd to me that instead they parked in this protected spot on the narrow road, I went into the ditch rather than even just run on the opposite side of the road. Of course, in the ditch I managed to trip on a tough weed and go down on my right knee. I bounced back up and kept running - finished another 1.5 miles after the fall. The knee is scraped, but otherwise feels fine this morning. And bonus is that I didn't tear my tights. But I'm still a bit disgruntled over the whole thing. I suppose a little paranoia, and the scrape that came with it, is better than being too nonchalant, especially alone in the dark.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

runmomto3boys

20 miles with the last 8 at MP.    :shudder: