Beginners and Beyond

Mid-May FriDailies (Read 23 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

It was an asshole move by the governor to make the mask announcement after 5pm on a Friday. Working in healthcare, it doesn't apply, but I'm sure every single screener's job just got more difficult. I figure we'll be wearing masks for a while.

It was an asshole move by the governor to make the mask announcement after 5pm on a Friday. Working in healthcare, it doesn't apply, but I'm sure every single screener's job just got more difficult. I figure we'll be wearing masks for a while.

I’ll likely also be wearing one for work for a short while, the drop the mask movement is moving very fast

Docket_Rocket

Costco, Walmart, and Trade Joe's released mask requirements for vaccinated clients. So, I doubt anyone will be wearing them there.

Also, the federal government released mask requirements for vaccinated people (but maximum WFH continues).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I ran 8 with Mona.

I have to start going back into the office June 15. 

onemile

Costco, Walmart, and Trade Joe's released mask requirements for vaccinated clients. So, I doubt anyone will be wearing them there.

My guess is that the vaccinated will keep wearing masks and the unvaccinated will stop 

Docket_Rocket

My guess is that the vaccinated will keep wearing masks and the unvaccinated will stop 

If they ever wear any.

Sucks that you have to go back when you don't deal with the public. Fucking dinosaurs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

My guess is the unvaccinated have been the ones walking around with dick noses or chin diapers to act like they were wearing a mask. Or the ones who would go into the store and half-ass hold their shirt over their face. Quite a frequent occurence in northern MD.

There’s an anti-masking/Covid-denying-type guy in one of our Texas plants (maybe there are many, but a particular one I work with regularly). Masks have been required at all our facilities—as of last week when I was there anyway. I show up to see him wearing a gaiter made of a material that looked basically like cheesecloth. 

MTA: shockingly, he’s had Covid.

Dave

GinnyinPA

I ran 7.3 after running errands at Walmart and Lowes. Signs were up saying masks should be worn per state mandate. The state says it will follow CDC guidelines, but stores can set their own policies. It's a bit confusing, since you don't know which stores have changed policy but haven't taken down their signs yet. All the employees at both stores were still wearing masks, about 1/4 of the customers. The checkout clerk said that they are all required to wear masks even if they've had their shots.

Docket_Rocket

There’s an anti-masking/Covid-denying-type guy in one of our Texas plants (maybe there are many, but a particular one I work with regularly). Masks have been required at all our facilities—as of last week when I was there anyway. I show up to see him wearing a gaiter made of a material that looked basically like cheesecloth. 

MTA: shockingly, he’s had Covid.

Shocker!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

We went out to dinner. I forgot to notice whether they still had a mask sign. Seemed like people were still wearing them coming in/going out. But the servers were a mix, which was weird because you’re used to them being 100%. We asked one about it and she said they were following the new CDC guidance.

Dave