Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies - let's get it moving already (Read 32 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Yikes, what's everyone up to today?!

Hope you all are doing well and have had some great runs already.

I ended up with 11.5 miles night after having intended to do 10. They weren't so great that I wanted to keep going extra, but I was just that far from home! I'll have to squeeze miles in tonight before a work dinner. I wanted to run this morning, but the storms and my general laziness kept me in bed.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Yikes, what's everyone up to today?!

Hope you all are doing well and have had some great runs already.

I ended up with 11.5 miles night after having intended to do 10. They weren't so great that I wanted to keep going extra, but I was just that far from home! I'll have to squeeze miles in tonight before a work dinner. I wanted to run this morning, but the storms and my general laziness kept me in bed.

SRD for me.  Nice 11.5 last night, SIAR.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Just an easy 4mi for me. 8:26avg. Skipped the strides as my legs were pretty tired and didn’t feel like I could keep good form with them. Got some 4x4min Hard effort intervals for tomorrow per Daniels. Should be a long enough effort to see some vo2max.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

KCRuns

Good morning!

I got 3.5 terrible miles this morning and 1.5 great ones.  For starters it rained overnight and 97 percent humidity stuck around this morning which felt swampy.  And my legs were apparently so tired!  I had a really hard time warming up and getting into a rhythm and I wasn't comfortably able to get to the prescribed "easy" pace for most of my run, so I went with effort level rather than pace.  I guess I was tired from yesterday's longer and faster than usual run.  Anyway, with a little over a mile and half to go something finally clicked and it started feeling good and I was able to get to the paces easily.

I guess some days are just like that.  At least I finished feeling good at the paces I was supposed to be at, but man it was a struggle for a while.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 4 miles and weights tonight.

In Court and then heading back to Miami where all three big bosses are and to a staff meeting.  Should be a fun afternoon...not.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

8 miles with a 10K progression. Not a true progression, but something like that. It was just improvised

Runshortii

8 miles with 4x1 mile repeats with 400m recoveries. Goal was 7:00 pace. Was nervous because I haven’t done mile repeats below 7:30 in awhile, but it went okay. Was soupy as hell out there. Splits were 7:09,7:08,6:55 and 7:04

Cyberic

8 miles with 4x1 mile repeats with 400m recoveries. Goal was 7:00 pace. Was nervous because I haven’t done mile repeats below 7:30 in awhile, but it went okay. Was soupy as hell out there. Splits were 7:09,7:08,6:55 and 7:04

Good job!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Nice work on those! Mile repeats are a tough mentally, at least in my opinion. We do have a one mile "track" that we use though, which I think makes them a little easier to get through.

Just curious, did you feel like you started too fast early and then kinda faded at the end? I only ask because the 3rd one was a good bit faster, so just wondering if you did anything different on that one.

Fred...hope the rest treats you well.

Jay..sounds like a nice easy day!

KC...glad your run turned around for you a little. And I agree, some days are just like that.

Cyberic...Good work on the 8 miles. Not feeling too many ill-effects from the 50k?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Runshortii

Nice work on those! Mile repeats are a tough mentally, at least in my opinion. We do have a one mile "track" that we use though, which I think makes them a little easier to get through.

Just curious, did you feel like you started too fast early and then kinda faded at the end? I only ask because the 3rd one was a good bit faster, so just wondering if you did anything different on that one.

I think they’re tough mentally too. It doesn’t sound so bad when it’s only a 1K repeat but in my head I think “oh no a whole mile” lol. That 3rd one was on a net downhill . That’s probably why. 2nd and 4th ones were a net uphill. 2nd one has a pretty big up hill so I surprised it was as fast as it was. Probably should’ve done them on a track since it’s flat, but I didn’t want to drive 30 minutes. Oh well

RunningOnSand

Excellent work!

KC, I have some runs like that, too...it just feels like it takes forever to get into a groove.

SIAR, nice miles last night.

Cyber, do you feel fully recovered from your illness & 50k?

Docket, IDK if I missed this, but did you hear back at all about your interview?

Jay, nice miles. Smart move on not pushing the strides.

I'm with Fred today--being a rest day. Which is great, b/c I think I've been pushing it a bit too hard these last few runs.

Cyberic

SIAR, RoS - Felt good while running today, but I'm definitely not fully recovered. Felt tired during the cooldown, and since then. Not 100% from the 50K, nor from my cold. I still cough a bit, lightly and not often, but not perfect. This is a transition week though, in which I improvise and test my health out. I'm pretty sure I'll be good to go next week.

Lowering my marathon expectations to an objective I'm confident I can achieve takes some stress out of what awaits me this summer. I'm lucky I never had to struggle to BQ, because difficult running goals stress me out.

Docket_Rocket

Excellent work!

KC, I have some runs like that, too...it just feels like it takes forever to get into a groove.

SIAR, nice miles last night.

Cyber, do you feel fully recovered from your illness & 50k?

Docket, IDK if I missed this, but did you hear back at all about your interview?

Jay, nice miles. Smart move on not pushing the strides.

I'm with Fred today--being a rest day. Which is great, b/c I think I've been pushing it a bit too hard these last few runs.

They were planning second i terviews this week and they didn’t call so i assume I didn’t move forward.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Our meeting lasted a long while but I am keeping my judge and my analyst so not many changes for me. I get a new paralegal but he is awesome.

Big Boss came to me to say hi. People were like how does he remember you?  Well, we are drinking buddies when I go training. 😂

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 slow miles. Nothing about them felt easy.