Beginners and Beyond

Brrr: Deep Freeze TuesDAILIES (Read 71 times)

Pinktastic, Rick, this was one of those days that didn't afford me the luxury of enough time to drop and give anyone twenty-five of anything.

AprilRunner, great workout.

scottydawg, stop making me jealous, LOL.

B-Plus, enjoy your eleven.

Shari, wonderful job strength training AND running 6.5 miles.

FreeSoul87, enjoy whatever you do and wear your new outfits in good health.

wcrunner2, excellent five-miler.

Hilary, great recovery run.

Just B.S., brava for finishing in such cold weather. Brrr!!!

I just left work to go to the gym. I'm looking forward to an hour and a half or so of not dealing with ********.

Ball of Fury

I sometimes post in the dailies...should do a better job but welcome!  I just wanted to say I am also doing the Spartan Sprint and Monumental (full I think though)!

First time posting here. Last night's run was freezing, today I am focusing on getting at least 200 push ups in and whatever else I can fit in through out the day. Little butt thinks it's climb on mommy time when I get on the floor (love the lil monkey). I am supposed to run my 6 mile tempo run tomorrow but not sure if I can find someone to watch DS, I only trust a couple of people and they are all busy so I might just move it to Thursday and run my easy 5 miles Friday then my 9 mile long run Sunday. I am hoping to hit 25 miles this week but won't be too disappointed if I only make 20. Hopefully I'll have my warmer outfits by tomorrow, after last night's run I went online and bought

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-SMZBAL.html

and

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageWRA-SWXAMC.html

and this morning I went ahead and purchased

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-SUMVP12.html

and

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageWRA-BWSBWT.html

I am hoping to have these by Thursday, so my next run will be much more comfortable.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

I totally posted that and then forgot to actually post what I did today.  Haven't been around for a couple weeks because we were on vacation to run the marathon...let's just say it did not go well.  I keep saying I am going to right a race report, but haven't gotten up the energy or enthusiasm to do so.  Anyway, I am home now and back on track I think.  Starting the Hanson 1/2 marathon plan for a May HM along with a mix of Insanity and strength training for the April Spartan Sprint.  Just received the Hanson book today so haven't worked out a schedule yet. I was one of the wimpy ones who opted for the TM today because 6 degrees is just cold!  I didn't really have a plan for today so I just did some fun intervals.  1 mile warm-up, 1 mile at GHMP (8:00/mile), 0.5 mile at 10K pace (7:50), and 0.25 mile at 5K pace (7:25) and then repeated and a mile cool down.  Total was around 6.5 with recoveries.  It was first real run since the marathon and it was pretty fun and I had no pain so that's a good thing.  Hope you all enjoyed your runs today and let's hope for some warmer weather!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Luke79

Stopping in to say hi. School has gotten busy so I haven't been very active here. 4 miles recovery paced. Off to my third swimming lesson. It's so cold out, and so hard to imagine I'll be getting in a bathing suit soon. Warm hot chocolate and soup will hit the spot after.

Sup Hil.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Welcome to the dailies, freesoul. Good luck getting your 200 pushups in.

So far I got 60, I get a horrible head rush with those things dang it! I do 1 set of 20 as many times as possible throughout the day, whenever my son isn't paying attention.

I hope I get some good use out of those tights this winter, if not oh well I'll just stash 'em away for next year. The spree is hopefully over, I am trying to control myself but I am seriously contemplating buying a new pair of shoes (for races)............... My first race of this year is February 9. Yeah, little butt likes to hang out around my butt or my head during my ground work outs, it is quite amusing really but being only 9 months old he isn't yet old enough to climb up on me and hold on while during push ups (can't wait for that Smile).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

6 miles done and I was over dressed and all sweaty when I got picked up by hubby

on his way home.

It was only a feels like of -13F because it wasn't as windy as predicted. I was dressed for

-20F.

Really looking forward to my swim tomorrow morning and time in the hot tub afterward!!

Just B.S.....would you like to come for a visit?  Tomorrow our temp is going to....drum roll please....75 degrees!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Just B.S.....would you like to come for a visit?  Tomorrow our temp is going to....drum roll please....75 degrees!

Scotty...feel like I always leave you out when doing personals...so just sayin' hi! That's killer weather...jealous here. Also, seems quite wise that you stay off the TM with your condition...could be interesting though.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Just B.S.

Here I come!!!!!!!

Actually after reading your posts for a while I think I want to retire there!!! It's beautiful and the climate is wonderful.

However , one month from today I will be in Florida getting ready for the Disney Princess Half!!!!

It will be nice to remember what it feels like to be warm again if only for a short while  (5 days).

Ok that was my craziest run. I did decide to brave the outdoors... feels like -7F.  My forehead was not working properly during part of that run.  Must be how botox feels.

Got it done, 8 mile fartlek.

Pinktastic

Code - You are freaking crazy going out in that weather!!  I think the part where you brain doesn't work right is the step before hypothermia - at least that what I've read....

Basya - I really hope that the gym time tonight relieves the pent up angst and makes you feel soooooo much better!

Nice runs today everyone!!

I got in 10.26.   I tried to take it easy so my splits were all > 10:00.   I think the fastest split was mile 2 at 10:19 and the slowest was mile 6 at 10:52 (big hill - well big for here; probably just a speed bump for some of you!).  Time for dinner!!!

Have a Pinktacular evening!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

LRB

Supp peeps!

Welcome to the new members!

AmiK don't sweat it, the marathon is a tough nut to crack.

Me, well of course I got a flat on the way home in this frigid crap!  The stupid jack is a piece of crap and I never did get the spare tire out of the "vault" it's mounted in!  Good thing I wore that Wooly Mammoth or my ass would've been toast.  Frozen toast!

Anyway, I have about had it with this stupid ass low calorie diet!  I am so frickin hungry all the time, it sucks!  All I think about anymore is food, and that's while I'm eating!

Rah, Rah, Rah!

Okay, rant over.  What's for dinner?

Ok that was my craziest run. I did decide to brave the outdoors... feels like -7F.  My forehead was not working properly during part of that run.  Must be how botox feels.

Got it done, 8 mile fartlek.

You are crazy, LOL.

runmomto3boys

11 miles done at 7:24 pace, very much a moderate effort. WTF? I don't know.  It felt way easy, though.  Probably b/c I only ran 3.5 miles yesterday.

30 minutes on the elliptical, first time was last night and only lasted 10 minutes. I'm going to wait for the weekend to run and ease back into it. I think the 4 weeks at 20 plus miles was too much too fast......

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I sometimes post in the dailies...should do a better job but welcome!  I just wanted to say I am also doing the Spartan Sprint and Monumental (full I think though)!

I'm still trying to get our team together for the Spartan Sprint, I was going to train for the Indy Monumental Full, but after much thought I figured it would be a better idea to increase my mileage, avoid injury (and pregnancy), and get a few more HMs under my belt. Maybe I will run the Full next year (or a FM somewhere).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)