Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: If You Don't Like It, Bite Me! (Read 66 times)

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Supp to you to LRB.

Figured I'd start hanging out here now that I have a coach and have actual workouts - even some of those math equation looking ones that I can say I did.

So, yes Heidi, I do in fact have a coach and he's way more hardcore than I'd realized.   Training for Cleveland but husband won't let me register until after Princess.  He'd like me to make it at least that far without hurting myself.  He is hopeful that having someone to boss me around and yell at me when I do stupid stuff will help so I find he's talking more and more like it's a foregone conclusion.  (It is.)

runmomto3boys

Lara: I'm so happy that he understands!  I'm happy you are back doing what you love to do!!!  Yay!

Docket_Rocket

If you think he is hardcore now wait til you read your peak weeks, ha!

Supp to you to LRB.

Figured I'd start hanging out here now that I have a coach and have actual workouts - even some of those math equation looking ones that I can say I did.

So, yes Heidi, I do in fact have a coach and he's way more hardcore than I'd realized.   Training for Cleveland but husband won't let me register until after Princess.  He'd like me to make it at least that far without hurting myself.  He is hopeful that having someone to boss me around and yell at me when I do stupid stuff will help so I find he's talking more and more like it's a foregone conclusion.  (It is.)

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

If you think he is hardcore now wait til you read your peak weeks, ha!

There is a reason he's only giving me one month at a time.

Right now, I have two days that I feel are almost unacceptably easy.  But the days that follow them are either tempo runs or scary interval things.  He's going to have to explain to me what all the things he typed under Ladder were but thankfully, that's not fot a few weeks.  I am also not looking forward to the 14 miles with miles 10-12 at hmp.  Does any of this sound like stuff I would do?

This is what happens when someone spends too long with nothing but injuries and stangant race times to show for all of their miles...

Docket_Rocket

Easy runs serve a purpose.  FOLLOW THE PLAN!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BruceD555

OK, catching up here...

Gustav1 - Oh I wish for 60+ temps ... what a great time to run.

Just B.S. - You are becoming quite the fish! I wish I liked to swim because we have a great indoor pool right in town. Your trip to Ireland sounds awesome ... when are you heading over?

KayPS - Thanks for the coffee .. enjoy the spin class later on today.

flarunner - Good job on the 5 in blustery conditions.

AprilRunner - Enjoy those 3 miles over lunch.

Baboon - You're gonna get to know that elliptical on a first name basis, aren't ya. Have a good one and hope all goes well today at work!

ImNotScott - Ahhhh, enjoy that SRD.

happylily - Have fun with that tempo run tonight and you're a sweetie to keep up the customized birthdays for those kiddos!!

Zelanie - Yikes, I saw MLR and then too quickly read the laps as 21 miles ... that made me think what's a LONG run to Zelanie. I do my 10x100s as strides. I go from my current running pace and smoothly accelerate over about 30 yds to speed then hold it for another 40 yds and then coast the final 30. I'm not worried that much about speed, but rather running form and being efficient.

scrape. - Oh my! Man that sounds like a tough run. I hate it when my planned route/distance/routine gets messed up. Good job on trudging through it all.

Robert31320 - Sounds like you had a stellar month - way to go!!

lilac_jive - I know what you mean on being cantankerous from a missed run. Just have a good one tonight on the TM!

LRB - Good job on the early 6 with strides, enjoy the rest of your day.

kristin10185 - Enjoy that SRD today!

scottydawg - Have a good 4 tonight ... no matter where you end up running. 68 degrees sounds just about perfect!

Sparker1606 - Nice job on getting in the early miles before work. I used to be in the morning groove but with the weather lately I've moved mine to evening workouts.

Dtothe2nd - It's always fun to run in new gear ... enjoy your Saucony tryouts this evening.

Pinktastic - You're always so on the ball with the shout-outs. You get in multiples but I can only manage once a day if that. Good call on taking the day off, no sense going into the workout with less blood/O2 in the system.

Fuzzy - Enjoy your run tonight ... look forward to hearing your RR after Boston!!

StepbyStep-SH - Enjoy those circles tonight ... I'll likely be doing that as well. Planning on the indoor track instead of freezing in sub-zero temps after work.

runmomto3boys - Thanks, it was a tough run. I almost did the UW indoor track but didn't want to drive back out again (I took my wife to work, trip to get sick DD from school, back to work, out to pick up DS from school, back to pick up DW @ work) If I were closer I'd be using that 400m track too! Enjoy those 8 recovery miles tonight and nice PR for the month!!

crazyrunninglady - Hi Captain! Enjoy those 45 minutes of easy running tonight from that accidental coach. Wink Hope the math problem workouts aren't too taxing for you. Just remember (like you tell us) it's the long haul you're interested in with your training ... no sense getting injured and missing out on everything.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Luke79

3 miles on the TM @ 9:37.  Hi Dailies!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

6 miles planned tonight, not sure yet if I am going to do a tempo or just run on how I feel. Back to cold weather again, 35 tonight with windchill of 25 and 15mph winds........ Bring it on. Cool

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

@runjerseygirl

RP and I made the mistake of telling our spin instructor that we're both signed up for half marathons this spring.  The focus of our weekly classes will now be on conditioning us for our race.

Oy.  Death by spin.

I don't even know how far I rode today.  10 miles, maybe?  It was all intervals and hills.  I might die.

Do you even run?

LRB

Detroit area - Novi. You nearby?

I'm over at Fountain Walk all the time, either at Emagine getting my drink on (when I drink that is), or at Godaiko trying any number of yummy dishes!

I roam the east side, Shelby Township.  There is a 5k with a super bowl theme this weekend out there somewhere right?

CrisRuns

LOL at the picture.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well, the rain seemed to stop before I went out, but 2 minutes later I was in a torrential downpour and winds that blew me off my path. About 5 minutes later the rain ended never to return. Foolishly I ventured to the county park, only to discover an ankle deep stream blocking my path. I though about it for a minute, said fuck it, and crossed. A half mile later I had to scale over a tree that was blocking the path, and regretted getting my shoes wet. Another half mile later I regretted scaling the tree when I was confronted with knee deep water, which I avoided by climbing a hill and cutting through some thorny bushes to get to an overpass that goes over the bike path. Normally I turn around and go back the way I came. This morning I ran back through town and ended up with 9.5 miles.

Except for the wind, I am jealous. I don't mind rain but I hate winds over 10 mph, kind of makes me rethink losing more lbs..........

And did somebody say something about sex dreams..........? I haven't read all the posts yet but I could have sworn while skimming through that I saw something about sex dreams. Blush

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone!

So I went out in some rather blustery conditions today.  Gusts were around 30mph, and, in addition to the dusting of snow that was already on the ground, about another 1/2" of fresh snow came down on me.  Yesterday I was in shorts, and today I had ice on my eyelashes!  I did 10.27 miles, with 12x30sec at 5k pace (every 5 min, from minutes 20-75).  Since I'm still thinking about racing a 5k Saturday, it was a great exercise for working on hitting my 5k pace and not starting out too quickly.  I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't do the race with this weather though.  I can wait until tomorrow afternoon to sign up, so I'll probably do that.

Also, I got my a new monthly high mileage total at 311.  Not too bad for having to miss 5 days of running while I was sick.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hey everyone!

So I went out in some rather blustery conditions today.  Gusts were around 30mph, and, in addition to the dusting of snow that was already on the ground, about another 1/2" of fresh snow came down on me.  Yesterday I was in shorts, and today I had ice on my eyelashes!  I did 10.27 miles, with 12x30sec at 5k pace (every 5 min, from minutes 20-75).  Since I'm still thinking about racing a 5k Saturday, it was a great exercise for working on hitting my 5k pace and not starting out too quickly.  I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't do the race with this weather though.  I can wait until tomorrow afternoon to sign up, so I'll probably do that.

Also, I got my a new monthly high mileage total at 311.  Not too bad for having to miss 5 days of running while I was sick.

It sucks, one day it is 60 degrees and feels amazing and then the next day it's 30 and a chance of snow or sleet.................... I keep looking at our 10 day forecast praying for temps above 30 for my 5k race and nice weather.

PRs

@runjerseygirl

Except for the wind, I am jealous. I don't mind rain but I hate winds over 10 mph, kind of makes me rethink losing more lbs..........

And did somebody say something about sex dreams..........? I haven't read all the posts yet but I could have sworn while skimming through that I saw something about sex dreams. Blush

Yes, it may have been mentioned.

Do you even run?