Beginners and Beyond

Modern Technology ThursDAILIES (Read 69 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Love the photos, etc. LRB.  Lol.  I can relate to the senior ones.  Why can I remember all my favorite classic rock songs from 40 years ago...but I can't remember where the heck I put my phone down just two minutes ago......

Way to get out there in the rain, flarunner, and get it done!

Luke, what we all did before cell phones, was actually have lots more face-to-face communication with people.  That, and spend a helluva lot of time trying to find a damn payphone if an emergency happened. Wink  Do payphone phone booths even exist anymore?   Old-time phone booth scenario:  Clark Kent runs into a phone booth to change into Superman, starts getting undressed.  Quickly a cop comes up.."Hey fella, what are you doing in the phone booth?"  "I'm changing clothes, officer, I'm Superman, I have an emergency to take care of."   "Right..get out of that phone booth right now!"  "But officer, I tell you, I'm Superman! See, I've got a red "S'..    "Uh huh..if you don't get out of that phone booth right now, I'm gonna give you a red S! "   (previous scenario was from on old comedy skit done by Bill Cosby when he did live comedy on-stage).

Yeah, that darn work, Dave, always interfering with our running.  Hope you get your run in.

SUSchnauzer, so darn sorry for your loss.  I feel for ya, I lost my mom in December.  It's tough.  It will get better with time. Sounds trite, I know, but it is true.  You never really get over it, but you do learn how to live with it. Keep running, it does help, it's good therapy.

Good luck with your recovery miles, Shirfan.

Awww, very nice, Just B.S.  Obviously, you picked a keeper!   Enjoy the swim-date!  After saying that, I have pictures in my head now, lol, of you and DH, and music and you two doing 'sychronized swimming'  moves like in those old time movie musicals where they had swimming scenes.

Nice tutu  photo, lilac!  You look great!  That one's a keeper. Big grin  Like all the running shoes background too, nice touch.

Sorry about the rain, Tom.  Are you getting the same kind of rain as Damaris gets in Miami...streets flooded, etc?  Stay safe.

Nice running, Jedi!

Congrats on the 5.1, Robert and making all right in your world again.

Sorry about your sore area, April, but glad you have found out what seems to be the problem.  Enjoy the SRD.  Thanks for taking the photo, that was great!  Wait a minute...why isn't there a photo of you too? Or one of both of you together?  Hey now! Angry  Wink

Hope you can get your run in, Bruce.  Enjoy your DS'  play, good luck to him!

Long distance relationship is tough, Kristin; make the most of the time you have together.

Happy recovery miles, Fuzzy.

Aww, Kay....this is for you!

Nice running, FreeSoul, way to go.  Yeah, I can relate about the stomach thing.  I can look down now and see the tops of my toes again! Joking

Scrape, hope your day gets better.

You are in North Texas, Pinktastic?  I did not realize you were in Texas.  I am SO observant, lol.  Woohoo, we might be able to have a future FE someday.  Yeah, it was chilly in Texas this morning!  However, I think we warm up lots faster down here in South Texas than you do up North.  We are heading right now towards 68 degrees for a high.

Behave yourself for your HM, outoftheblue.  Enjoy your dinner tonite with your sweetie.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ran 10 easy miles this morning, nothing too remarkable about them.  My dear mother gave me some nice CEP recovery socks for Valentines Day, which I'm putting to use at the moment.  Runners are so easy to buy for haha.

Scotty...loved your story about meeting your wife.  You moved fast!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Got 6.1 miles in at lunchtime. Smile

Considering the short distance, felt a bit rougher than usual, I think due to running last night. I have never done doubles, but spacing <24 hours apart feels like it to me.

I have the most wonderful wife. A few days ago, she says to me "We're not doing anything for each other for Valentine's Day, right?"

So who am I to argue? She is totally not into it, would much prefer I surprise her with flowers on a random occasion. Which actually I never do, much to her dismay. But she has stayed married to me for nearly 19 years, so I must be doing something right.

Dave

Ric-G

Happy Valentines Day...

Ran 10 this morning, 8 @7:40 and 2 easy.

LRB - great senior cell phone!

jedi - nice workout

scotty - thx for sharing

bruce - hate when that 1am wakeup happens

runmom - have a good 8.

marathon pr - 3:16

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Pink...Nice job with your morning run.  I almost always go with the gloves since they're pretty easy to take off and tuck in my waistband if I get too hot.  Enjoy the rest of your work from home day.

OutofBlue...Your point about athletes is spot on.  I'm sure that our heroes from past generations behaved in the same ways, it was just that we had far less knowledge of it because of how much more minimal the media coverage was.  Your dinner sounds very tasty...hope you have a great night and enjoy your rest before your HM.

RunTom...Awesome job on the 2 mile repeats, and way to finish strong.

Lilac...I don't know why, but I assumed you were older than you are.  Very cute pic at the running wall.

Ball of Fury

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Scotty, what a great story....Happy Anniversary!  I took the day off so D7lH and I went to a local running trail for our run today.  2 mile warm-up, 5 mile tempo (average 7:58/mile) and 1 mile cool-down.  Although I got it done, it was just a really bad run.  I felt like I was working WAY too hard and I had to stop a couple times to stretch my ITB, which is all of a sudden acting up again.  I am going to the chiro in a few minutes so hopefully that will help.  I hope I haven't chosen a goal for my HM that is too fast...I really don't think so but will re-evaluate in a few weeks!  Have a great day guys!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Ball of Fury

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Scotty, what a great story....Happy Anniversary!  I took the day off so D7lH and I went to a local running trail for our run today.  2 mile warm-up, 5 mile tempo (average 7:58/mile) and 1 mile cool-down.  Although I got it done, it was just a really bad run.  I felt like I was working WAY too hard and I had to stop a couple times to stretch my ITB, which is all of a sudden acting up again.  I am going to the chiro in a few minutes so hopefully that will help.  I hope I haven't chosen a goal for my HM that is too fast...I really don't think so but will re-evaluate in a few weeks!  Have a great day guys!

Mmmmm...beer

Got the report back, no fractures!!!!!!  I am so freaking happy right now, can't even describe it. Smile  They put me on antibiotics, might be a touch of infection causing the swelling, but I can keep running!!!!!!!!  The report said the lines were just from growth.  I am one happy camper.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Ball of Fury

That's awesome!!!  Congrats!

Got the report back, no fractures!!!!!!  I am so freaking happy right now, can't even describe it. Smile  They put me on antibiotics, might be a touch of infection causing the swelling, but I can keep running!!!!!!!!  The report said the lines were just from growth.  I am one happy camper.

Pinktastic

Great news, Dave!!   Yay!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Now there's some Valentines Day love!  Awesome.  I'm confused though...you're still growing?

Jess runs for bacon

Dave, that's freaking awesome news!! I am so glad to hear it!!

SIAR, I'll be turning 30 in a few months. Is that closer?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Dave, that's freaking awesome news!! I am so glad to hear it!!

SIAR, I'll be turning 30 in a few months. Is that closer?

Yes, you definitely look that or younger in the pic you posted.  I think it's probably just because your avatar picture is shot from further away.

Jess runs for bacon

Yes, you definitely look that or younger in the pic you posted.  I think it's probably just because your avatar picture is shot from further away.

Ooh thank you! I will have to change my avatar then :P

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yahoo! Big grin