Beginners and Beyond

Nothing Else Matters Mondailies! (Read 51 times)

HobbitLegs

elevenses

YOU GOT TO MEET THE OATMEAL?

Damn.  Jealous!

Jealous, party of 2.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hi everyone, I walked about a mile today pain free. Yay!!!! If I can muster the time tomorrow, I will hit the Y and do some time on the elliptical or some other boring machine that doesn't involve slamming my foot in a shoe.

On the Dad front it looks like tomorrow will FINALLY be the day. He got evaluated this afternoon and was cleared to go home. He'll have home health to check in on him. My brother will be staying with him for a week, and I'm going to check in on them and give my brother some relief as my schedule will allow. Brother isn't much of a cook, so I'll be meals on wheels so they can have some home-cooked food.

Hip Redux

Good news, HL!

Dad on the run.

Hey all! Just a quick check in, just got back from my 5 miler. I was going to post my splits but then I saw SUS's 13.1 miles and realized that I suck Tongue. But I am proud of the progress I am making coming back from my injury. I have 1 month to get ready for my 10k and hopefully set a new PR!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Great news, Hobbit!

I ended up taking an SRD and pacing hubby on his first 4 miler ever.  His prior distance PB was 13 years ago and 3.60 miles.  He used to run 8mm and we are in the 14:30s now but little by little, right?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Holy crap, just got the official results from my 10k that I did on Saturday. Gun time: 44:59!

- Andrew

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Holy crap, just got the official results from my 10k that I did on Saturday. Gun time: 44:59!

awesome!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

Congrats!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

meaghansketch

Way to go!  Congrats!

Hi dailies:

Salted Caramel Gu?  Clearly, I have been subjected to the wrong flavors.

Brrr - play it by year, but I'd be wary of scaling the mileage way back until the last week.  Congrats on the 10K!

Kay - hello

The Oatmeal - cool

10.2, 2nd half at tempo.  The cat got outside again, and after calling him to no avail a few times, I left the garage door open a crack and figured he'd make it back when ready.  Darkfall, a huge ruckus, canine sounds, cat's in the garage looking frantic.  Coyote?  Good chance.  Eek.

Zelanie

Hobbit- Good news!

Jimmy- It's not about the pace, silly, it's about getting out there and running.

Andrew- Congrats!

Jay- Bet the kitty thinks twice about sneaking out next time!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

5 miles done late tonight.  Friggin 83 degrees when I headed out the door at 7:30pm.  SUUUUUUUCK!!!!

Definitely better cool down tomorrow.  We just got over a blisteringly hot & humid 3 weeks. I'm SOOOOO over it!!

Randy

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Thanks guys for the congrats. Also thanks for the feedback on my taper. I'll take a look over my schedule and see what works best.

- Andrew