Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Puppy Penguins (Read 10 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

National Puppy Day

PADRunner

I had a couple of weeks of 0 miles. My knee kept giving me grief so it was off and on, but seems to be better now.

I bough a nice spin bike off Craigslist that I can use for cross training to help improve the circulation in my legs with less impact on my knees. Smile

Ran 6 last night with the Trail group and 5 this morning. Spin tonight.

Docket_Rocket

OMG, the puppy penguin!

Last PT session done!  7 miles, Pilates, and my first Orange Theory class tonight.

PAD, sorry about the knee. Hoping the bike helps.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Hi Pens! I have been too lazy to post more than once, I apologize - I've been poking my head in to read though.

9.5 this morning, recovery week this week. Run felt great this morning, and probably the lowest heart rate I've ever seen for ~9:00 miles, so I'm happy! 5 more big weeks and then I start to taper for Sugarloaf! Eek!

From the Internet.

D - report back on Orange Theory, I got a pass for a free class or something from one of the last races I did and was thinking about trying it over the summer!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I'm a little late popping in, due to avoiding my computer to actually get a little work done this morning.  Unfortunately, most of my work involves my computer!  Ah well ...
              Chorus rehearsal tonight!!

PAD -- hope the bike saves your knees!!

Docket -- what is Orange Theory?

Lauren -- sounds like some nice running going on!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

PAD -  Adorable picture!  I hope the knee continues to improve.  The bike should help.

D - I hope you enjoy Orange Theory.  Do they offer the class at the same place you do Pilates?

Lauren - I'm glad your training is going so well.

HM - enjoy your rehearsal.  I hope you make some good progress focusing on your grant proposals today.

AFM:  rest day here.  We're meeting a friend for lunch in Virginia.  I'll do some early carb loading ;-)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

A little over 3 miles of hills this morning.  The warmer weather is starting to come into San Antonio now so I usually like running after work these days.  But did it this morning because Gail and I are going to see the local Rick Cavender Band tonite when they introduce to the public their newly released CD.  Gail and I were invited personally by Rick, as he put onto the CD the song that I wrote for Gail way back in 1993 in Somalia.  Rick was kind enough to put it to music, and liked it so much he put it onto the CD, and gave me co-writing credit with him.  When they play it tonite, they are going to dedicate it to Gail, nice.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Ginny, everything is nearby but one is a studio and the other one is an Orange Theory place.  I would say 10 minutes from each other in rush hour traffic so doable.

Hope - https://www.orangetheoryfitness.com/

Tried my 7 at lunch and the TM is doing such a ruckus I am afraid I broke it.  I think it's the front roller so hoping hubby can take a look at it this weekend because it's fucking hot already and I can't be out there every day.  Will do the rest tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page