Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins Eat Cherry Cobbler except Scotty. (Read 14 times)

on my way to badass

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

on my way to badass

Happy Cherry Cobbler Day Penguins!  If I am remembering correctly, Scotty doesn't like fruity dessert 

Some mileage for me today.  I may even get outside.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Happy Cherry Cobbler Day Penguins!  If I am remembering correctly, Scotty doesn't like fruity dessert 

Some mileage for me today.  I may even get outside.

That sounds nice :-)

For me today will probably be more rest.  Maybe I'll try the exercise bike downstairs to see if that helps at all with my back.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

PADRunner

I've got a memorial service this morning, then a City lunch function. I'll try to get some miles in sometime today but they will probably be indoors due to rain.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates class and most likely my RD.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

Morning!  I have Pilates class and most likely my RD.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I like fruity desserts, and would love some cherry cobbler!  But I have a quartet gig tonight, so I won't be doing any baking.  But hey, I have a quartet gig!!  Our two days of sunshine apparently exceeded their quota, because it's pouring again today.  This has been one wet and cold May!!

Stone -- enjoy your possibly outside miles!!

Jill -- hope your back settles down soon!!

PAD -- sorry about the memorial service, but I hope your miles are soothing.

Docket -- enjoy your Pilates and RD!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

I'd love some cherry cobbler.  I like all cobblers, and pretty much anything sweet.  Which is why I fight my weight so much.

StoneFence - I hope you had a good run today.

D - have fun at Pilates.

HopesMom - enjoy your gig tonight.  We got rain today too.

PAD - sounds like a busy day.  I hope you get some miles in.

Jerry - you did quite well at that last race, ending up in the top 1/3.  Not bad.

AFM:  DH has a doctor's appointment, which I'll go to so I can find out what's said, then we're heading to Gettysburg this evening for a showing of the movie, "Beer Runners", about the origin of the groups.  I may get a run done sometime in between, if the rain stops.

PADRunner

The memorial service was for a friend i worked with for 20 years but hadn't seen in probably 10. He died several months ago and was cremated. They had a memorial service at the DFW Veterans Cemetery. Just a flag ceremony and taps but well done.

The rain is holding off so I got  5 miles in.

The cemetery is right next to DBU. Is your daughter still there Jerry? How's she liking the Texas weather?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The cemetery is right next to DBU. Is your daughter still there Jerry? How's she liking the Texas weather?

Not mine.

PADRunner

Not mine.

Hmm, I know someones daughter was going there I thought it was yours.