Beginners and Beyond

Okay it's Monday Penguins... (Read 26 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Track for us.  Should be quiet since the Seniors don't venture out in the cold and snow (except for one).

Yeah, Jerry, I saw your temp on the weather channel this morning...MINUS 2 degrees....sheesh!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Just kidding - taking an unscheduled rest day instead of doing any running, I might attempt some recovery yoga.  The glands in my neck decided to get all swollen and my throat is just... ugh.  Better to rest today and hope for better times soon.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Robert31320

Team TJ

3.1 miles at the park this afternoon.

Running for TJ because he can't.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

So I used my GPS at the indoor track and ran for 20 minutes.  DW watched the clock and said it was 40 minutes.  Guess I need an indoor GPS.

Docket_Rocket

So I used my GPS at the indoor track and ran for 20 minutes.  DW watched the clock and said it was 40 minutes.  Guess I need an indoor GPS.

Eh?  Minutes are the same indoors or outdoors!  What GPS do you have?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Travel day today, made longer because the first state park campground we stopped at was full, the two nearest ones were also full, and we ended up driving another 80 miles to find one (Hammock Highlands) that was not full. I should have called around before we started our drive, not mid-way. I had time to walk Ben this morning and afternoon, but not run. So it was an URD. We're staying here tomorrow night, and I'll have miles of horse and bike trails to explore.  I did 7 miles at Withlacoochee River Park on easy flat trails on Saturday and 5 miles at Hillsborough River State Park on Sunday.  I love flat trail running!  We had two very hot days (80 and 85) but today and tomorrow are mid-70s, which feels perfect.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Eh?  Minutes are the same indoors or outdoors!  What GPS do you have?

I think it was in auto pause most of  the time.  It also said I ran a half mile at a 37:00 pace.  Maybe I should disable the GPS or use my HRM next time. It's an FR10.

Docket_Rocket

I think it was in auto pause most of  the time.  It also said I ran a half mile at a 37:00 pace.  Maybe I should disable the GPS or use my HRM next time. It's an FR10.

Oh yes. I hate the Auto Pause. I took it off the first time I went out and in a light it stopped after I had started running and it wouldnmt restart until 1/4 miles later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Oh Jeez, back to work after a two week break. I could really get used to not working, but DH says I can never retire. All in all it went fast.

Sounds like its cold all over. Oh January.

RD for me...except for weights.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Zelanie

I turned off auto pause the first time it thought I had stopped when instead I was in the middle of an interval at the track.