Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Not much better lol (Read 34 times)

Runshortii

Not very long ago. They only had one version lol. I started wearing them last December maybe?They have a new support shoe the Arahi which is supposed to be more for moderate-severe overpronaters, and I'm more mild to moderate...but maybe I'll try them we'll see. I ran in the saucony Omni's for awhile and they were okay

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.5 miles. Add me to the list of ready for summer to be done.

Docket_Rocket

Not very long ago. They only had one version lol. I started wearing them last December maybe?They have a new support shoe the Arahi which is supposed to be more for moderate-severe overpronaters, and I'm more mild to moderate...but maybe I'll try them we'll see. I ran in the saucony Omni's for awhile and they were okay

If you are more of a mild pronator, I would try regular Hokas.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Runshortii

If you are more of a mild pronator, I would try regular Hokas.

Maybe I will. I read somewhere else too that even though they are listed as "neutral" they work well for mild overpronators.

LRB

I can't touch neutral shoes with a 39 and a half foot pole. Shit breaks when I do.

onemile

I can't touch neutral shoes with a 39 and a half foot pole. Shit breaks when I do.

I used to think this... I even once thought that Brooks Adrenaline was the only shoe I could run a lot in and no other shoe would allow me to do that.  But I've been wearing neutral shoes for a year now.

LRB

I used to think this... I even once thought that Brooks Adrenaline was the only shoe I could run a lot in and no other shoe would allow me to do that.  But I've been wearing neutral shoes for a year now.

Neutral shoes are just not stable enough for me, but my problem isn't overpronation so to speak, I have high arches and a weak core so I need support. I actually wear support insoles in my support shoes. #ahotfuckingmess

Going on 5 months neutral for me, although still 50/50 split (Adrenaline/Ghost). Well actually I probably put mileage faster on the Ghost, I typically use them for longer runs. I have been wearing Adrenalines virtually since I started running (on my 12th pair), but by comparison now, they feel kind of stiff and constricting. Still have two pair in the box, so I guess I'm sticking with them for a while.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I was supposed to be a mild pronator and I ditched support shoes 7 years ago without issue.  YMMV.

7 with 2 @ 9:14mm.  Except for when the TM shut down thanks to the surge protector resetting, it was fun.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

You're a good man, PR.

Thanks Melanie!  I must admit, those words are only spoken by people who live at least 3k miles away.

Runner with a riding problem.