Beginners and Beyond

Wishing it were sunny SunDailies (Read 21 times)

48 and drizzle this morning

1+1+1=3
    1 real uncomfortable stream grade, felt like crap, drove home to get trail shoes then to accotink for...
    1 dirt bumps, less uncomfortable, stretch and leg lifts then short drive for...
    1 dirt rr grade, slightly elevated, almost felt okay.

Up at 5, don’t have to be at work till 9:45so lots of time to drive around

Cyberic

10, 77.5

Docket_Rocket

Likely a URD. Still congested and tomorrow I have a 5K for Memorial Day I want to run. Might lift.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

8 miles on Pre’s Trail in Eugene.

58 miles for the week.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Cut my rest week short by one day so I could pace my 14-year-old son in a 5k PR attempt.  I knew his current 29:44 was soft. We set out with a goal of sub-28, but when I saw he was holding up well after 2 miles, I pushed a bit more and he kept up, crossing the line in 27:26.  He can probably do better than that, but for today, we'll take it.  :-)

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Cyberic

Your son must be happy Fred!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Easy 4 for me. Bright and sunny, 45-ish so still cool but beautiful morning. Forecast is sunny all day today and tomorrow, temps 70-ish. I'll take it. 41 for the week and 142 for the month. I'm happy with both. Hoping for 150+ in June.

Fred - great race for your son and great pacing by you!

GinnyinPA

Fred - congratulations to you and your son. Nice pacing.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles, 26.4 for the week.

Fred, nice job pacing DS!

sdWhiskers

6 miles looping around baseball practice. Mildly hungover and pretty steamy out for here.

delicate flower

Second day in a row of running in 45 degrees, rain, and wind.  8.65 miles of bullshit done.  I also did an hour on the bike trainer this morning.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

HCK, Ginny, Wolvmar, Cyberic, Damaris, and anyone I missed:  thanks.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

GinnyinPA

Cool misty day, not quite rain but not dry either. I ran 10.5. 42 for the week.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats to your son, Fred!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page