Beginners and Beyond

Hey Tuesday Penguins - It's Not Just Coffee, It's Thinking Juice! (Read 34 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope you get good news at those appointments, Mitch.

Balmy 2 degrees in Chicago.  Make that PLUS TWO.  Health club for me, so no run today.  Tomorrow is iffy due to dentist visit.

Have a great evening !!!

Mmmmm...beer

I must be the only person that likes running in the cold. Smile  Granted, it's not nearly as cold as some of you guys are seeing right now.  I think it was around 15* with a feels like in the single digits when I went out at 5pm for a great 8.5 miles.  Two layers of everything and I was perfectly comfortable, a lil warm even.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

I must be the only person that likes running in the cold.

Actually 25 to 40 degrees is my go zone.  Depending on the type and length of run, you are likely to see me in shorts, a singlet and arm sleeves. 

MTA: It was 30 degrees at the race in my avi.

Docket_Rocket

No, I love running in the cold too.  Ran in 16F and 4F in Chicago.  Felt good.  Not sure if I would be brave enough to run in MINUS weather, but looks like my lungs would love it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

When I run in the cold, my lungs are unhappy. My nose runs, my eyes start watering and I get so much congestion, I end up having to cough a lot afterwards. That may change as I get more used to it.  I'm really hoping to do more outdoor running this winter.  I've been out at 28 or so.  I'm planning to keep trying in lower temps on sunny days.