Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies need to git movin'! (Read 30 times)

LRB

Not that you're asking me, but I will still answer. 

I have a Daniels workout consisting of 30 minutes MP + 5 minutes T + 30 minutes MP . That will be interesting. I've never done anything like that, and it sure looks challenging. It wouldn't be so bad if I used my real MP, but I'm thinking of using the Daniels Marathon equivalent for my 10K time, which is a 3:03 marathon .  I'll see. It should be doable.

Transitioning from M to T makes it more seamless than say E to T.

LRB

4 miles easy
      4 miles at MP 
      3 miles of 1 minute on, 1 minute off (try to average around marathon pace by running about 20 seconds under for the "ons" and 20 seconds over for the "offs."
      1 mile easy to recoup
      3 miles at half marathon pace
      1 mile cool down

Planned: 17.00 mi

Sweet and tasty? No. That's more like a big ass, oversized rutabaga.

Cyberic

Maybe up it to 15 minutes at T pace

No. I wasn't jealous of your workout, you know...

Runshortii

Nice job Docket!

I ran 4. Legs were tired after my 12 yesterday

Docket_Rocket

How long has it been since you've felt this good?

Since the time I tore my meniscus.  Dropping all the meds had helped a lot.  Funny how that is.

Nice race! Sand and grass sounds like a miserable combination. Were people in parkas since it was 58 degrees?

They all ran with short sleeves and one with a LS, but most people were pretty OK dressed.  One asked me on my way to pick my bib if I wasn't freezing.  LOL.

Ran 10 with hubby, 15.1 for the day.  Oops.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

I am also, unfortunately, racing a HM in the next few weeks.

Went to the theater and watched Go In Style, with Michael Caine, Allan Arkin, and Morgan Freeman. It was hilarious.

Why 'unfortunately'?

Cyberic

Since the time I tore my meniscus.  Dropping all the meds had helped a lot.  Funny how that is.

They all ran with short sleeves and one with a LS, but most people were pretty OK dressed.  One asked me on my way to pick my bib if I wasn't freezing.  LOL.

Ran 10 with hubby, 15.1 for the day.  Oops.

I asked you the same thing on the bridge in Montreal. Wasn't freezing cold, but it was windy, and you were dressed like a LRB.

Docket_Rocket

Why 'unfortunately'?

Cause I hate HMs and I suck at them?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I asked you the same thing on the bridge in Montreal. Wasn't freezing cold, but it was windy, and you were dressed like a LRB.

And it was a tad chilly, but I wasn't freezing. Smile  But some nice person gave my husband and I a blanket.  That was awesome.

Damaris

Fundraising Page