Beginners and Beyond

SunDailies (Read 32 times)

Docket_Rocket

Glad to hear, Cy.

12 TM miles.  I wanted a bit more but I got home after 6pm so the assigned 12 was it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I just sat down at my place after being up north since Friday (3.5 hours away). I ran 8 miles each day which inadvertently included hills and my right calf is none too pleased. I say inadvertently because for some stupid reason, the thought of elevation never crossed my mind, not even while driving through town up and down all those hills. 

Saturday I drove to a park and just started running, then woke up this morning feeling like someone had beaten me with a pillowcase that had a half dozen bars of soap in it. Today, I ran from my hotel door in the other direction and didn't fare much better. lol

For most people, these are nothing. And they actually weren't too bad for me, either. It's just my body feels like it was zipped shut inside of a sleeping bag, then tossed off the balcony of a second story apartment.

KCRuns

TURD. I am reminded today that the second day is the worst. I hurt all over today from my fall on Friday morning. My arms and shoulders joined the fun today, too, probably from tensing up before I hit the pavement. I did some foam rolling today and that has helped a lot with the sore muscles. I have felt better as the day progresses, so tomorrow should be pretty good.

Docket_Rocket

TURD. I am reminded today that the second day is the worst. I hurt all over today from my fall on Friday morning. My arms and shoulders joined the fun today, too, probably from tensing up before I hit the pavement. I did some foam rolling today and that has helped a lot with the sore muscles. I have felt better as the day progresses, so tomorrow should be pretty good.

ugh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page